function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Benedetto Virzi 17Benedetto Virzi 17 

webservice without password

Hi,

it is possible to use the webservice API without using user and password or login is required?

Thanks
Benny
James LoghryJames Loghry
If you're talking any of the Soap APIs like utilizing the partner, metadata, tooling, enterprise WSDLs or a custom apex web service, then no you cannot.  You'll need a username, password, and in most cases a security token.

If you're talking the REST api, there are two supported types of authentication; the username / password flow which also uses the security token, or the refresh token flow, where you create a connected app and utilize a token and other oAuth info for authentication.  

Additionally, you could create / hack a webservice using a Force.com Sites and Visualforce page solution and utilize application/json as a contentType for instance, but that approach is very limited and only supports GET requests.

Benedetto Virzi 17Benedetto Virzi 17
Thank you James. When you say "...  or the refresh token flow, where you create a connected app and utilize a token and other oAuth info for authentication"  you talk abaut Connect app? Ca I use  "Consumer Key"  and "Consumer Secret"? In this way can I use rest web service? You think, there are limitations or I can read and write data as I want? 

Benny