function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Anjali DahiyaAnjali Dahiya 

Intro to Visual App Development Salesforce1 Mobile Basics Creating Global Publisher Actions

While checking the chanllenge its giving me exception
Unable to complete the chanllenge
Best Answer chosen by Anjali Dahiya
Chris DuarteChris Duarte
Thank you, Gaurav, for reaching out to me.

Hi Anjali and Yogesh - as you've already discovered, you won't be able to do this challenge if you're using a namespaced org. The good news is, you can use any DE org for any given challenge. See the attached image: You should always log in with the same org at (1) but can use any org you want when logging in at (2). So you can create a new DE org in order and do the challenge to complete this unit. 

Screenshot of the two distinct places you login at Trailhead

Hi Smitri and Nayana - could you post screenshots of your completed action from Setup?

All Answers

Gaurav KheterpalGaurav Kheterpal
Do you have a namespace enabled by any chance?

If my answer helps resolve your query, please mark it as the 'Best Answer' to benefit others and improve the overall quality of Discussion Forums.
Anjali DahiyaAnjali Dahiya
Yes 
Yogesh Dighe.Yogesh Dighe.
I have also same problem.
unfortunatly no solusion for that, becouse now it is not possible to remove or change the Namespace.
so, just skip that Challege and go ahead :)

If my answer helps resolve your query, please mark it as the 'Best Answer' to benefit others and improve the overall quality of Discussion Forums.
I will bring this up with the Trailhead team. Stay tuned for updates.

Gaurav Kheterpal
Certified Force.com Developer| Developer Forums Moderator| Dreamforce Speaker

Chris DuarteChris Duarte
Thank you, Gaurav, for reaching out to me.

Hi Anjali and Yogesh - as you've already discovered, you won't be able to do this challenge if you're using a namespaced org. The good news is, you can use any DE org for any given challenge. See the attached image: You should always log in with the same org at (1) but can use any org you want when logging in at (2). So you can create a new DE org in order and do the challenge to complete this unit. 

Screenshot of the two distinct places you login at Trailhead

Hi Smitri and Nayana - could you post screenshots of your completed action from Setup?
This was selected as the best answer
Sandeep BhanotSandeep Bhanot

In addition to trying the challenge is a fresh/new DE Org that is NOT namespaced, make sure that you're creating a 'Global' publisher action as the challenge (and unit) requires and not an object-specific publisher action on the Account object. Hope this helps!
Sandeep

Chris DuarteChris Duarte
Great! That helped. Let us take a look, we will get back with you next week. Appreciate the feedback!
Chris DuarteChris Duarte
Hello Smriti -- First, I just saw I spelled your name wrong in my first post to you. Sorry about that! Second, I was able to replicate the error message you got. I checked all of my work and still was getting the error. I used a fresh org and was able to complete the challenge successfully. Could you give that a try for me?

Nayana -- I'm finding that if I pass a challenge once, then delete my work, and do the same challenge again in the same org, I get mixed results. Could you try a different org for that challenge as well?
Smriti Kumari (Shumpy)Smriti Kumari (Shumpy)
Hello Chris Duarte and Gaurav Kheterpal,
I created a new DE org as suggested by you and completed the challenge. 
Thanks for the concern and your valuable guidance.
Good to hear that and happy to help!

Gaurav Kheterpal
Certified Force.com Developer| Developer Forums Moderator| Dreamforce Speaker

Nayana KNayana K
Thanks Gaurav and Chris for your help. Now I have completed the challenge successfully with new Org.
Smriti Kumari (Shumpy)Smriti Kumari (Shumpy)
Hi Anjali Dahiya,
Could you please mark the answer as the best one in order to help others as I am not able to find any option for the same. 

Yogesh Dighe.Yogesh Dighe.
Thank You [Chris Duarte],
Now m Completed All The Trailhead Challenges Successfully  :)
User-added image
Chris DuarteChris Duarte
Great news! Glad to hear you are all successfully completing the challenges. 

One quick note, since there are screenshots in the thread of how to complete the challenge (my fault, since I asked you to post them), we're going to be deleting those. Thanks again everyone for your feedback and congrats on achieving your badges! 
Thanks Chris! It is not possilbe to remove just the screenshots so I'll remove those sub-posts shortly.

If my answer helps resolve your query, please mark it as the 'Best Answer' & upvote it to benefit others and improve the overall quality of Discussion Forums.

Gaurav Kheterpal
Certified Force.com Developer| Salesforce Mobile Evangelist| Developer Forums Moderator| Dreamforce Speaker