function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Vi$hVi$h 

Formula field fetching a relationship field not searchable in enhanced look ups

There is a requirement to search fields in a look up.For this enhanced lookups need to be enabled, I have done this.There are some limitations with salesforce search. Relationship fields cannot be searched. One of our formula field gets value from other object and its not searchable, I want to be able to search on this field. I created a text field and used a workflow to populate it with the value from the master object.
Any change in the master object would not trigger the workflows. Other than writing a trigger on the master object is there any other option ?
Gaurav KheterpalGaurav Kheterpal
You can actually create lookup filters on Relationship Fields. Follow the steps listed here (https://help.salesforce.com/help/pdfs/en/salesforce_filtered_lookups_cheatsheet.pdf).

Also, you mentioned there are some limitations with Salesforce search - can you elaborate on what limitation are you trying to solve with a custom implementation?

If my answer helps resolve your query, please mark it as the 'Best Answer' to benefit others and improve the overall quality of Discussion Forums.

Gaurav Kheterpal
Certified Force.com Developer| Developer Forums Moderator| Dreamforce Speaker

Vi$hVi$h
Main objective is to search fields in the look-up window. In particular I want to be able to search a formula field which gets value from parent object field.According to salesforce documentation we cannot search on relationship fields.Trying to find a work around for this.