function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Prashanth Kumar Singh Poorna SinghPrashanth Kumar Singh Poorna Singh 

Display different Contact Record Type based on App in Salesforce for same User with same Profile

Hello,

Is it possible to dispay a same Contact Record, when clicked in one App, displayed as one Record type or VF page and clicked in other App as different Record type ( different Section and fields).
Please help me on this. 

Thank you in advance!
Gaurav KheterpalGaurav Kheterpal
Your question/ use case is not very clear. Can you elaborate on what exactly you want to do?

If my answer helps resolve your query, please mark it as the 'Best Answer' and upvote it to benefit others and improve the overall quality of Discussion Forums.

Gaurav Kheterpal
Certified Force.com Developer| Salesforce Mobile Evangelist| Developer Forums Moderator| Dreamforce Speaker

Prashanth Kumar Singh Poorna SinghPrashanth Kumar Singh Poorna Singh
Thanks for your reply Gaurav! 

My use case is we have 2 custom Apps created " Volunteer Engagement" and other one "CS Development". We are using Contacts as Volunteers in "Volunteer Engagement" and Contacts as "Donors" in CS Development app. 

So for that we have 2 record types called "Development" and "Volunteer" assigned to 2 respective Page layouts ( DIfferent fields and Sections). Client don't want to save Contacts in different Record type because in future a "Donor" contact can be "Volunteer" and Vice versa.

Client  want one Record type "Development" towards "CS Development" App side but not see Volunteer related fields and in "Vlounteer Engagement" only fields related to Vlounteer. 

Means if I click a contact Record name "ABC" from " Volunteer Engagement" app it should show different fields and if I click same record "ABC" from "CS Development " app it should show different fields.

Same user , same profile and permission set but only based on Apps, it show different contact contents. Please let me know if its not clear,