function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Nidhi Sharma 17Nidhi Sharma 17 

How to display child's records in related list of parent

I have two standard objects, Order and Contact. I have created a Contact lookup (API- Contact_Lookup__c) in Order and included its related  list in the page layout of Contact.

But when I enter a new record in Contact, then go to related list to add an order to it, hit save, the new Order record gets inserted in the Order records but it does not get displayed in the related list on contact detail page for that record.

Please help

Best Answer chosen by Nidhi Sharma 17
Rahul Sangwan7341Rahul Sangwan7341
Hi I am sure, the value is not filled in Contact Lookup field, Check the Value in Oder record Contact field value is filled up or not or if it is filled than check that particular contact.

Please mark this as best answer if it heps you.

All Answers

Vivek_PatelVivek_Patel
Hi Nidhi,

There could be two possbilities here.

1) Open the Order record and see if the correct contact lookup is populated on the record.
2) There could be multiple lookups from Order to Contact, so you will have to add the correct related list on the Contact page.

Regards,
Vivek Patel.

Please like or mark this as best answer if this answers your question to help others find better answer and improve the quality of developer forum.

Hi Vivek,

There is just one lookup from Order to Contact.

In all the standard related lists, values get displayed as they are saved in related list
But in the custom related list (for order), the records are getting saved in the object (Order) but not getting displayed in the related list on contact detail page for that record.

Regards,
Nidhi Sharma

Hi I am sure, the value is not filled in Contact Lookup field, Check the Value in Oder record Contact field value is filled up or not or if it is filled than check that particular contact.

Please mark this as best answer if it heps you.
This was selected as the best answer
Vishal NegandhiVishal Negandhi
is your custom related list a visualforce list? Can you confirm by checking one relation record to see if both the lookups - Order and Contact are properly linked?
Thanks Rahul. You just solved my problem. Kudos!!
Nice to hear that Nidhi. Thanks :)