function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AThomasAThomas 

Still can't see Force.com perspective in Eclipse

I'm new to Eclipse and Force.com (salesforce.com) development.  I'm on a windows 7 64 bit o/s.  I have Eclipse IDE for Java EE developers 4.4.1.  I've successfully installed Force.com IDE 31.0.0.201406301722, as well as jdk 1.7. I get no errors whatsoever on any of the installations.

I've tried a bunch of the suggestions including the ones i've listed below, but still have issues:
  • explicitly list the path of the jdk in the eclipse.ini
  • download various jar files in the eclipse plug-in directory
  • tried installing different versions of jdk separately (1.6, 1.8)
  • uninstalled eclipse and jdk several times
  • installing Force.com from eclipse marketplace
So far, nothing has worked.  A lot of the suggestions solutions are more than 1 year old and use previous version of Eclipse and Force.com.  So i'm reposting with the hope that someone is using similiar version of the o/s, eclipse and Force.com that i am.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.
Jason Reiber [ACS]Jason Reiber [ACS]
This might be a stupid question but did you click "Other..." when you are opening the perspective?  It won't be default show up in the list when you click Window -> Open Perspective, it should be in the list when you click Other though.  On the other hand, the Force.com perspective is almost the same thing as the default Java perspective as far as I can tell, so if you still can't find the Force.com perspective, just use the Java one and add Views as you need them.
AThomasAThomas
That's correct, the force.com perspective is not in Other. I think I have resolved the issue by installing the 32 bit jdk 1.7. I previously had installed the 64 bit jdk 1.7 because I have a windows 7 64 bit processor. I also increased the MaxPermSize setting in the Eclipse.ini file to 512. I can now see the Force.com perspective, just trying to make sure it works because I now see warning messages that I don't quite understand.