function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Derrick Koon 7Derrick Koon 7 

When I clicked on my Lightning menu item inside Salesforce 1, a spinner appeared for over a minute, then a blank screen remained

Hi, I have setup my org dkoon_lightning@vlocity.com to try out building lightning components.  They all worked and tested correctly on browser.

But when I tried to add them to Salesforce1, they did show up in Salesforce1, but when I clicked on them, a spinner appeared and after spinning for over 1 minutes, a blank screen remained.

I have read through the Lightning Developer Guide and read similar problems in this blog.  I believe I have followed the correct procedure, which is as follows:

In the component I wish to add, I included implements="force:appHostable" in my aura:component tag and saved my changes.  The appHostable interface makes the component available on the navigation menu in Salesforce1.

I included my components in the Salesforce1 navigation menu by following these steps.

Create a custom tab for this component.
From Setup, click Create | Tabs.
Click New in the Lightning Component Tabs related list.
Select the Lightning component to display in the custom tab.
Enter a label to display on the tab.
Select the tab style and click Next.
When prompted to add the tab to profiles, accept the default and click Save.

I also included my Lightning component in the Salesforce1 navigation menu.
From Setup, click Mobile Administration | Mobile Navigation.
Select the custom tab you just created and click Add.
Sort items by selecting them and clicking Up or Down.
In the navigation menu, items appear in the order you specified. The first item in the Selected list becomes your users’ Salesforce1 landing page.

I checked my output by going to the Salesforce1 mobile browser app. My new menu item did appear in the navigation menu.

What am I missing???

Derrick Koon 7Derrick Koon 7
OK, I just realized that my lightning components do work in the Salesforce1 mobile browser app, BUT NOT in the Salesforce1 iOS mobile app.

Does anyone know when would Lightning components be deployable to the Salesforce1 iOS mobile app?

Thanks
Gaurav KheterpalGaurav Kheterpal
This is a known issue (http://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/54511/why-doesnt-my-lightning-component-work-in-ios) with Salesforce1 iOS app not being able to render lightning components. It is expected to be fixed in the 7.0 release of SF1 container (ETA not known).

If my answer helps resolve your query, please mark it as the 'Best Answer' & upvote it to benefit others and improve the overall quality of Discussion Forums.

Gaurav Kheterpal
Certified Force.com Developer| Salesforce Mobile Evangelist| Developer Forums Moderator| Dreamforce Speaker