function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Tejpal KumawatTejpal Kumawat 

How to access organization's user interface in apex?

I need to access Enable Inline Editing from user interface setting, how to i find in apex it is checked or not.

User-added image
Gaurav KheterpalGaurav Kheterpal
I don't think you can do that directly. You can however use the <apex:inlineEditSupport> tag to determine what actions are associated with inline editing.

For example

<apex:pageBlock >
    <apex:pageBlockButtons >
        <apex:commandButton action="{!save}" id="saveButton" value="Save" style="display:none"/>
        <apex:commandButton action="{!cancel}" id="cancelButton" value="Cancel" style="display:none"/>
        <apex:commandButton action="{!cancel}" value="Back to Record" id="backButton"/>
    </apex:pageBlockButtons>
    <apex:pageBlockSection columns="1">
        <apex:outputField value="{!account.name}">
            <apex:inlineEditSupport showOnEdit="saveButton, cancelButton" 
                hideOnEdit="backButton"
                event="ondblclick"/>
        </apex:outputField>
    </apex:pageBlockSection>
</apex:pageBlock>

If my answer helps resolve your query, please mark it as the 'Best Answer' & upvote it to benefit others and improve the overall quality of Discussion Forums.

Gaurav Kheterpal
Certified Force.com Developer| Salesforce Mobile Evangelist| Developer Forums Moderator| Dreamforce Speaker

Himanshu ParasharHimanshu Parashar
Hi Tejpal,

These settings are not supported using any api or apex. you can go through following document for more details.

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api_meta/Content/meta_unsupported_types.htm

Please mark this thread as closed if this help you in some way.