function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Raghu PedabbaRaghu Pedabba 

Report on Job Applications by Contacts

Hi All,

I am creating Report on Contacts with Job Applications.

If the a particular person have applied for multiple Job, I want only record of that contact.

Currently, i get four records for that contact,since he applied for 4 Jobs. But I need only one record for that person. 

How can I do this ??

Regards,

Raghu

Best Answer chosen by Raghu Pedabba
StephenKennyStephenKenny
Hi Raghu,

You should check that your report type is indeed reporting on 'Contacts' with 'Job Applications'. If this is set up correctly, then in your report, please ensure that you are only displaying fields from the contact record on the report.

If you display fields from the Job Appliaction, then you will end up with multiple rows as you have now.

Please remember to mark this thread as solved with the answer that best helps you.

Regards
Stephen 

All Answers

StephenKennyStephenKenny
Hi Raghu,

You should check that your report type is indeed reporting on 'Contacts' with 'Job Applications'. If this is set up correctly, then in your report, please ensure that you are only displaying fields from the contact record on the report.

If you display fields from the Job Appliaction, then you will end up with multiple rows as you have now.

Please remember to mark this thread as solved with the answer that best helps you.

Regards
Stephen 
This was selected as the best answer
Raghu PedabbaRaghu Pedabba

Hi Stephen,

Yes, the report type is contacts with applications. I tried removing the application fields,but still I am having same problem ??

Regards,
Raghu

StephenKennyStephenKenny
Hi Raghu,

Hmm it sounds to me like you are still displaying the contact from the Application object, instead of the from the contact object. What exatly are you trying to display on your report, perhaps try a different approach. Just create a report of contacts, and then use a cross object filter to display 'Contacts with Job Applications' - this should also get you the same or similar result.

Regards
Stephen