function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
tonantetonante 

Overall Organization Code Coverage in Sandbox drops after just 1 test class run(?!)

Hi , recently my overall sandbox code coverage was at 75%. So:
1) I then upgraded certain test cases having low individual coverage so that they would get as close to 100% coverage for the classes the tested so now I was able to increase coverage an additioanl 3%.
 2) Howvever, when I ran a test case in my Developerment console it droppped the oevrall Sandbox organization coverage to 64% but the test passed at 88% for that class !
3) I was then able to get overall organizaton code coverage  back up to 78% for the sandbox by clicking on the link for calculating overall coverage using only My Name Space.

My quesiton is this:
Q) Is it true that  I could have  done a validation on  deployment with the class and test class without worrying about the sanbox coverage after the successful test  or should I always make sure that I click the link to re-test all those classes in my name space before deployment to production?

Q) Why should running one successful test case cause a massive drop of about 13% in my overall sandbox coverage?

Thanks  because this really frustrates me.

ShashankShashank (Salesforce Developers) 
This is probably be due to this KI which shows fixed now: https://success.salesforce.com/issues_view?id=a1p30000000T5k3AAC