function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Narayan DuttaNarayan Dutta 

Hyperlink cytax error for a formula field contact details

Can you please help me with the below sytax as shows an error:
HYPERLINK("https://na16.salesforce.com/" " & Job_Application__r.Candidate2__r." &  "First_Name__c & " " &  Job_Application__r.Candidate2__r.Last_Name__c)
StephenKennyStephenKenny
Hi Narayan,

The link above (even with the syntax fixed) will only navigate to the home page. I am not sure what you are trying to do with  with the parametrs?

Can you give some context as to what you are trying to achieve, then we can help.

Regards
Stephen

Hi Stephen, Thanks for your response. I am trying to Hyperlink first and last name so clicking that link the candidate profile should come out. Please help Regards, Narayan Dutta
StephenKennyStephenKenny
Hi Narayan,

Ok, this hyperlink will achieve that:
HYPERLINK("/" & Candidate.Id, Candidate.Firstname__c &" "& Candidate.Lastname__c)

Please ensuree to replace the fields in the link with the correct fields from your enviornmnet as I am guessing at the object & field names.

Please remember to mark this thread as solved with the answer that best helps you.

Regards
Stephen 
Stephen, it has multi relation with Job application tab and candidate2 tab. Now I have it like this :Job_Application__r.Candidate2__r.First_Name__c & " " & Job_Application__r.Candidate2__r.Last_Name__c The result shows like this Review1 Detail Review NameOshin Job ApplicationJA-00001 Candidate2Narayan Dutta Rating Position TitleSystem Analyst2 Created ByNarayan Dutta, 19/02/2015 6:46 PMLast Modified ByNarayan Dutta, 19/02/2015 6:46 PM Now I want to hyperlink the Candidate 2 field. So it will bring the whole profile. Regards, Narayan Dutta
StephenKennyStephenKenny
Hi Narayan,

Looks like you are on the right track then - not sure if there was a question in your last comment - I don think so.  Please remember to mark this thread as solved so that others may find it more easily.

Regards
Stephen 
Giving following error: Error: Syntax error. Missing ')' Regards, Narayan Dutta