function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ManzaManza 

Adding a form on visualforce page in a community generates an error

Hi
I have a community, in there I have a set of VF pages, most of them have forms, for some odd reason pages that have an apex:form are not been rendered. I get the error message:

Error: Error occurred while loading a Visualforce page.

Please email us if you need to get in touch.

I know that th epage is ok as if i see it from my org: salesforce../apex/VFpage

it works fine

is there anything special that i need to add in my community that I am not aware of?

Thanks

Best Answer chosen by Manza
James LoghryJames Loghry
You'll want to check the Public Access Settings of the Community (Go to Setup->Customize->Communities->All Communities, click on the site URL, and then the Public Access Settings button)  This is pretty similar to Force.com Sites if you've ever developed applications on there as well.

Make sure that your Public Access Settings include access for the Visualforce page, as well as any standard objects, custom objects, and field level security that you need.

All Answers

ManzaManza
I nearly forget, to make it more strange this page works fine in my sandbox
James LoghryJames Loghry
You'll want to check the Public Access Settings of the Community (Go to Setup->Customize->Communities->All Communities, click on the site URL, and then the Public Access Settings button)  This is pretty similar to Force.com Sites if you've ever developed applications on there as well.

Make sure that your Public Access Settings include access for the Visualforce page, as well as any standard objects, custom objects, and field level security that you need.
This was selected as the best answer
ManzaManza

Hi Thanks for the promtp reply, the issue was actually a view state over 135kb, but your answer remind me to have a lok into this profile set up