function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
etponter@gmail.cometponter@gmail.com 

Migrate Trailhead Points and Badges

I had completed most of the Trailhead lessons using a login from my old company's Salesforce instance. I had this tied to a developer instance with a personal email (to complete the challenges). I logged in with my old company's credentials and changed the email address to my personal email, but this does not seem to change the username. Is there anyway to change the username for that account, or somehow migrate the Trailhead points and badges to my personal username? Or if I want to keep that history, will I have to redo all of the challenges?
Best Answer chosen by etponter@gmail.com
James LoghryJames Loghry
You should have two different org credentials, correct?  One for developer force / the trailhead login, but also one for the org where you created everything, built your code for the challenges, etc. 

If you're looking to change usernames for the latter, it shouldn't matter because all your points are tied to the first org.  (I could spin up a new org for my remaining 2 challenges for instance).

If you're looking to change usernames for the former though, then it's a bit tricker and I'm not sure if it's even possible. (You may want to clarify that with the trailhead team on the Trailhead group on the Success Community).  However, as a last resort, you could start a new trailhead login and use your organization you created for the trailhead challenges so that you don't have to redo the configuration and development pieces over again.

All Answers

James LoghryJames Loghry
You should have two different org credentials, correct?  One for developer force / the trailhead login, but also one for the org where you created everything, built your code for the challenges, etc. 

If you're looking to change usernames for the latter, it shouldn't matter because all your points are tied to the first org.  (I could spin up a new org for my remaining 2 challenges for instance).

If you're looking to change usernames for the former though, then it's a bit tricker and I'm not sure if it's even possible. (You may want to clarify that with the trailhead team on the Trailhead group on the Success Community).  However, as a last resort, you could start a new trailhead login and use your organization you created for the trailhead challenges so that you don't have to redo the configuration and development pieces over again.
This was selected as the best answer
Evan PonterEvan Ponter
Thanks, I will set up a new Trailhead account and use the same Developer Edition where I completed the challenges. Going through and resubmitting shouldn't be TOO terrible. Thanks for your help!