function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
VintaraVintara 

Salesforce1 iOS deep link URL. com.salesforce.salesforce1 VS salesforce1

There are currently two working deep-link URL formats working on iOS devices for opening records in the Salesforce1 mobile app. While the limited documentation would seem to indicate that salesforce1://sObject/{!recordId}/view is the preferable format, I find that it often fails and that I have greater success with com.salesforce.salesforce1://entity/view?entityId={!recordId}.

Is there any clarification on this point, is one format due to be deprecated?
Sagar PareekSagar Pareek
Have you checked this out --

https://na10.salesforce.com/help/pdfs/en/salesforce1_url_schemes_ios.pdf

You can also refer to this link

http://mattwel.ch/deep-linking-into-salesforce1/
VintaraVintara
Yes, I've seen both of those and they illustrate the problem. One says use com.salesforce.salesforce1 and the other says to use salesforce1. There are two different URL formats, both currently work, but there is no indication as to which is "correct".
Sagar PareekSagar Pareek
The above one which is mentioned in pdf is correct as this is official salesforce document.
Gaurav KheterpalGaurav Kheterpal
Traditionally, I have used com.salesforce.salesforce1://entity/view?entityId={!recordId} and it has worked well for me. However, I think will be deprecated soon so I switched to using salesforce1://sObject/{!recordId}/view and I've not seen any major issues.

I would strongly suggest you follow that's officially documented. You never know when Salesforce pulls the plug on the earlier version.

If my answer helps resolve your query, please mark it as the 'Best Answer' & upvote it to benefit others and improve the overall quality of Discussion Forums.

Gaurav Kheterpal
Certified Force.com Developer| Salesforce Mobile Evangelist| Developer Forums Moderator| Dreamforce Speaker
VintaraVintara
The issue I'm seeing when using salesforce1://sObject/{!recordId}/view is that it often simply takes me to the landing page and not the record. So far I've been unable to find any ryme nor reason for this behaviour.
Gaurav KheterpalGaurav Kheterpal
Can you run it in the browser using /one/one.app and see if there are any errors in the console log? Also, I presume you have permissions to the record.

If my answer helps resolve your query, please mark it as the 'Best Answer' & upvote it to benefit others and improve the overall quality of Discussion Forums.

Gaurav Kheterpal
Certified Force.com Developer| Salesforce Mobile Evangelist| Developer Forums Moderator| Dreamforce Speaker