function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
rm18rm18 

Salesforce migration

1. How to delete the data in eclipse if i create the project and upload the metadata from prod i need to cleanup selected unused metadata components in eclipse and then push the data in prod ?
2. I would like to know clearly how to deploy metadata in workbench and delete the unused components  and push data to prod here as well?
3. how to deploy to ant tool and how to delete unused components and send data to prod?

I would like anyone to explain in notes separately for three different scenarios. Please let me know asap.
I have tried to browse online but i didnt find any exact video or document to solve this process that im looking for
Thanks for your time and Appreciate your help!

Sagar PareekSagar Pareek
 This is easy to do from Eclipse for atomic files like Apex classes, where one file = one component, so you just have to delete the file.
For metadata types like CustomObject where one file can contain multiple first-class components, the Force.com IDE doesn't have a straightforward way in the UI to issue that delete command.
One option is to create a new file in the "src" folder called "destructiveChanges.xml".  The format of this file is the same as package.xml (as documented in the Metadata API developer's guide, the Force.com Migration Tool Guide, and elsewhere).  However, when you deploy (save) this file to the server, the components you list will be deleted instead of saved.