function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Duncan_StewartDuncan_Stewart 

Page's Custom Console Components not displaying in Service Console

In the Service Console, I have a button on Contact that leverages a VF controller & javascript to create a Case, save it, and display the new Case in a subtab.  The Case opens in view mode, the CaseNumber is displayed as the subtab title, and the page layout is the correct layout for the new Case's recordtype.  The custom console components defined for that layout are not displayed, however.

When I go to the Contact's Cases related list and select a Case of that same ^ recordtype, the page opens and displays the components correctly.

I use srcUp() in the button to open my Visualforce page that creates the Case; javascript on the page then opens the subtab to display it.  adding &isdtp=vw or =nv doesn't change the functionality -- case still loads as if it weren't in the console.

Button:
srcUp('apex/NxConsoleCaseCreation?ci={!Contact.Id}&isdtp=nv')

subtab method:
var openSubTabs = function openSubTabs(result) {
        // use the caseId from the controller extension to determine the URL
        sforce.console.openSubTab(result.id, '/' + '{!caseId}', true, 'Select Case RecordType', null);
	}

Thoughts?
ShashankShashank (Salesforce Developers) 
This is probably similar to this issue: https://success.salesforce.com/issues_view?id=a1p30000000T1nnAAC

Though it is specific to the knowledge sidebar, please check if the workaround mentioned in it works for you.