function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
mamidi maheshmamidi mahesh 

data loader batch size

hi,
data loader default batch size is 200. one batch is considered as one transaction. so while iam updating 200 records 200th record id is not specified. iam getting 199 successes and one error that is as id is not specified. 199 records are being updated. now my question is batch size is 200 then we dont have problem with 199 records only we have problem with 200th record then total transaction should be failed.  even 199 records should not be processed. process should be rolledback. incase of why 199 records are being updated. please explain this
Hamza AbibHamza Abib
Hi,

Even though batches can be set for 200 records at a time, this still means that each record gets inserted/updated/upserted individually. 
DataLoader does not validate against all records before then uploading them. It will continue after each error until it has processed all records in your .CSV file. Whether that single record that had an error was the first record, the 100th record, or the 200th record in your 200, doesn't matter. It will still process the rest. 

A batch of 200 means it's a single batch of 200 transactions, not a single transaction of 200 records. The upload has been bulkified, but not combined. This is why it's so important to validate your data before you use the Apex DataLoader. 

I hope that answers your question.
mamidi maheshmamidi mahesh
thank for your answer now i am clear about it
Hamza AbibHamza Abib
Hi,

If this resolves the issue for you, please Mark this as Best Answer and mark the query as Resolved