function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Vigneshwaran LoganathanVigneshwaran Loganathan 

Hi all,

I have an Opportunity Object which has Two Page Layouts ( Say Old, New) which has a Picklist field GENERATE ( values are Invoice, Porcessing)..

When Enter value as Invoice and Save, it Should show Old Page Layout. Same way, When I give Processing It have to Show New Page Layout.

How to do it?

Thanks. 
Best Answer chosen by Vigneshwaran Loganathan
Shailesh DeshpandeShailesh Deshpande
You should make use of record types(for eg: recordtype1 and record type2 ). In the page layout assignment, associate New Page Layout to Record Type 1 and Old page Layout to Record type 2.

When user selects value as "Invoice", update the record type to "Record Type 1" field using Workflow field update. This will automatically display new page layout.

When user selects value as "Processing", update the record type to "Record Type 2" field using Workflow field update.This will automatically display old page layout.

Thanks,
Shailesh.

All Answers

You should make use of record types(for eg: recordtype1 and record type2 ). In the page layout assignment, associate New Page Layout to Record Type 1 and Old page Layout to Record type 2.

When user selects value as "Invoice", update the record type to "Record Type 1" field using Workflow field update. This will automatically display new page layout.

When user selects value as "Processing", update the record type to "Record Type 2" field using Workflow field update.This will automatically display old page layout.

Thanks,
Shailesh.
This was selected as the best answer
Hi Shailesh,

I got you.. But, Is there any another Ways doing that without Record Types..!!

Thanks.

No. Page layouts can be associated in combination with Profiles and record types.
Thank You Shailesh :) :)