function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
EmilienGuichardEmilienGuichard 

TrailHead - Automating Processes with the Lightning Process Builder - CANNOT_EXECUTE_FLOW_TRIGGER

Hi there, I 'm trying to complete the "Automating Processes with the Lightning Process Builder" challenge in TrailHead but I get the following error :
Encountered unhandled fault when running process Update_contact_adress/
301240000004FXO exception by user/organization: 00D24000000JsNt/{4}

The flow failed to access the value for myVariable_current.Account.ShippingCountry because it hasn't been set or assigned.
caused by element : FlowRecordUpdate.myRule_1_A1
caused by: The flow failed to access the value for myVariable_current.Account.ShippingCountry because it hasn't been set or assigned.
Salesforce Error ID: 490660201-42718 (736882147)

Any idea what could be could wrong ?

Best Answer chosen by EmilienGuichard
Peter_sfdcPeter_sfdc
When exactly does this happen? 
  • You are editing/creating the lightning process in Process Builder?
  • You are saving an account record in the UI?
  • You are clicking on the "Check Challenge" button in Trailhead? 
If you can provide any further information, specifics, screen shots of your process, it will help us determine if this is a problem with process builder or if this is something the Trailhead team need to address. 

Much thanks! 

All Answers

PratikPratik (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi GUICHARD,

Thanks for the information. Our internal team will look into this and will get back to you.

Thanks,
Pratik
Peter_sfdcPeter_sfdc
When exactly does this happen? 
  • You are editing/creating the lightning process in Process Builder?
  • You are saving an account record in the UI?
  • You are clicking on the "Check Challenge" button in Trailhead? 
If you can provide any further information, specifics, screen shots of your process, it will help us determine if this is a problem with process builder or if this is something the Trailhead team need to address. 

Much thanks! 
This was selected as the best answer
Hi Peter and thanks for your answer.

It's actually happening when hitting the "Check challenge" button.
It's working when I interactively create or edit a contact.

Please find below screenshoots of the process details :
User-added image

User-added image

Thanks for your help.
Peter_sfdcPeter_sfdc
I just tried to reproduce this in a DE org. There are a few settings I can't see in your screen shots, so granted I may not have exactly what you have. But I think there are two things going on here. 

The first is you solved the challenge incorrectly. 

The second, is the Salesforce error. 

The first can be fixed. And I think I'm going to revise the challenge wording to make this more clear. I won't just give it away, unless you want me too. 

So here is a new try at the wording: 
You've been given a requirement to keep Contact record addresses in sync with the Account they belong to. Use Process Builder to create a new process that updates all child Contact addresses when the address of the Account record is updated. 

Does that make it more clear? 

As for the Salesforce error, it is a bit strange I can't reproduce it. It sounds like it is objecting to copying a null value. I would think it would simply ignore an assignment like that. I'd be curious to see if you can fix the challenge and maybe the error will clear? Do you have any validations or special logic defined for any of these fields in this org by chance? 

It's way clearer with this new wording :)

I had it a sencond try and it succeded !

Thanks a lot for your help.
Peter_sfdcPeter_sfdc
Thanks for helping make Trailhead better! 
Peter_sfdcPeter_sfdc
Quick follow up. The error you received turned out to be a bug, too. Double thanks for posting this now, it helped us find something we needed to fix in Process Builder, and I may be filing a feature request based on another discovery. 
AUGUSTO SANDOVALAUGUSTO SANDOVAL
Hello Peter, 
I'm doing this chapter and got the same error that E GUICHARD got it.
But his solution started with a listener on Contact Object, but the challenger ask to fire this trigger when I have changes on Account object.

How about create one process for each field ? I could test the criteria if the source field is not null and not occur a like NullPointer error.

Thank you a lot for this amazing support.

Augusto 

AUGUSTO SANDOVALAUGUSTO SANDOVAL
15 minutes later I remember about a challenger that I solved on module Formulas & Validations - Creating Validation Rules.
There I need to do a validation rule that Contacts must be in Account ZIP Code.

I only inactive this validation rule, and retake the challenger on currently module and its ok.

I suggest to change the challenger on Validation Rule module, to not affect or disturb to solve this currently exercise.

Best,
Augusto

champvimalchampvimal
Hello Peter, 

If I follow the process trigger on Account object, the process works fine i.e. when accounts' address fields are changed and then contacts need to reflect the same addresses. But what if the use case is when I try to create a new contact to see if it also gets Accounts' addresses, it is throwing me error as shown below. It seems, the process may have to accomodate several more criterias to solve this or will we have to create another new process for same?

Workflow Action Failed to Trigger Flow
The record couldn’t be saved because it failed to trigger a flow. 
A flow trigger failed to execute the flow with version ID 301d0000000PMku. 
Contact your administrator for help. 

Click here to return to the previous page.
champvimalchampvimal
Just to add, Peter, I am getting this error while checking challenge on Trailhead, though it works when I perform the scenario of updating accounts' addresses in UI.

Challenge not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
There was an unexpected error in your org which is preventing this assessment check from completing: System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: CANNOT_EXECUTE_FLOW_TRIGGER, The record couldn’t be saved because it failed to trigger a flow. 
A flow trigger failed to execute the flow with version ID 301d0000000PMku. 
Contact your administrator for help.: []
Daniel DomonkosDaniel Domonkos
I am receiving an error when Adding an Action in the Process Builder... 
"Unfortunately, there was a problem. Please try again. If the problem continues, contact Salesforce Customer Support with the error ID shown here and any other related details. Error ID: 1178063101-3644 (1467034186)"
I'm not sure why.
CNishantCNishant
Hi Everyone,

From the debug logs what I found is we are mapping incorrect fields
We have to map below fields only.

User-added image
rachel watsonrachel watson
I tried to complete this same module, but I cannot click the activate button.  I have tried 3 browsers: Chrome, Firefox and Safari, but still no luck.   I have also deactivated the validations I previously created and included 3 screenshots to show my progress. Advice?

Suggestion from Trailhead ForumMy Process BuilderShowing my work for the criteria
Anthony Scalzitti (Scalz)Anthony Scalzitti (Scalz)
It looks like I'm getting a simliar error. Any assistance is appreciated!
There was an unexpected error in your org which is preventing this assessment check from completing: System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: CANNOT_EXECUTE_FLOW_TRIGGER, The record couldn’t be saved because it failed to trigger a flow. 
A flow trigger failed to execute the flow with version ID 30161000000Cw7B. 
Contact your administrator for help.: []

User-added image
User-added image
Punit ChoudharyPunit Choudhary
Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
There was an unexpected error in your org which is preventing this assessment check from completing: System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: CANNOT_EXECUTE_FLOW_TRIGGER, The record couldn’t be saved because it failed to trigger a flow. A flow trigger failed to execute the flow with version ID 30128000000PRYr. Contact your administrator for help.: []
have a solution to this erorr plz reply....
Andrew LokotoshAndrew Lokotosh
(Solved)
Hello everyone!
Today i actually spent all day to solve this stupid problem)
First of all thanks everyone who tried to help each one with this error.

If you  deactivate the validation rule created from a previous challenge, and this didn't help
the next step for you!

Can you make sure that:

1. All five parts of the Shipping Address on Accounts are covered under the criteria.
2. For the Conditions part , you have chosen AND.
3. All five parts of the Mailing Address on Contacts are covered under the Update records action and the Type us Reference for all field values.

Also a little image Hint!

User-added image
User-added image
This is for each one criteria position ((Street, City, State, Post Code, Country))
Good luck, and have fun!
James  DalyJames Daly
This challenge was difficult until I really sat down and figured out the requirement.

Learned a lot from it. Andrew's answer above is the same as how I passed it!
Bhanu ErraguntlaBhanu Erraguntla
Thanks Andrew - that worked :-)
Scott Harbaugh 7Scott Harbaugh 7
I had trouble with this as well and Andrew's solution did not work for me. As someone above mentioned it looked like the problem was that when the record had a NULL value it could not assign that during an update. I changed the reference in the update to a formula and that fixed it. For example to update city I have the formula below, and used the same pattern for all five fields.

IF([Account].ShippingCity != '', [Account].ShippingCity,' ')

Lizzie1379Lizzie1379
Hi guys, thanks for your helpful inputs. I was able to resolve the issue as well. If only i took the hint seriously - to inactivate the previous validation :)

I have a follow up question though. How would i know that the process is working? is there a log that i can check? or will i only know if it's working by checking the Contact Address if the Account Address is updated?

Thank you for your amazing help. Saleforce people rocks. (i came from a slightly primitive CRM system and the response here is AMAZING.. :)

Rich WingerterRich Wingerter
I'm sure that this challenge requires setting up a process on the Account object, but I can't see any documentation that says if you find a change on that record it will update all the associated Contact records. If I make the action to set the [Contact].MailingCity to the value of the [Contact].Account.ShippingCity, how do I know it will update all the Contact records? Can anyone point me to the documentation that says this? And, what would happen if I put the process on the Contact object and checked ISCHANGED([Contact].Account.ShippingCity), instead of the other way round?

Joseph Chatman 3Joseph Chatman 3
My problem was not with validation rules, but with the triggers we created for account.  Once I deactivated both account triggers it worked fine. 
Rich the reason you have to do it on account is in the requirements.  It says when account addresses are updated update the contact.  Therefore you have to use the account object as this will detect changes to the addresses there. 
I know it's what they want, but in fact it looks like if you start with the Contact object and put the criteria on the related Account, then it is checking for updates to the Account. That would look like this criteria [Don't do this]:
ISCHANGED([Contact].Account.ShippingCity)
 || ISCHANGED([Contact].Account.ShippingCountry)
 || ISCHANGED([Contact].Account.ShippingState)
 || ISCHANGED([Contact].Account.ShippingStreet) 
 || ISCHANGED([Contact].Account.ShippingPostalCode)
I still don't see where it says that if you make an update to the Contact associated with an Account record that changes it will update all the Contact records associated with the Account. For all I know it will update every Contact record in the table or just one of them. It just seems like this ought to be in the documentation, but I can't find it in the documentation. So, I'm probably just going to give up and code it on the Account, on the basis that that's what everyone else who got it working did.
I did give up and try it on the Account object. It worked.

Instead of "Conditions are met" I used "Formula evaluates to true" and put in a formula using ISCHANGED() on the various fields, separated by the OR operator (||). This should be equivalent to listing each field and using the "is changed" operator, type=Boolean, and value=True (with the OR condition radio button.

Thanks for all your help!
Lisa Eason 9Lisa Eason 9
I'm receiving this error and cannot get past this challenge...
There was an unexpected error in your org which is preventing this assessment check from completing: System.DmlException: Update failed. First exception on row 0 with id 0013700000AqWvpAAF; first error: CANNOT_EXECUTE_FLOW_TRIGGER, The record couldn’t be saved because it failed to trigger a flow. A flow trigger failed to execute the flow with version ID 30137000000HDmn. Contact your administrator for help.: []

Here's what I have -
User-added image
My conditions are set to OR, I've used AND and still same problem

User-added image
I have it for each one (Street, City, Stage, PostalCode, Country).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Have you turned off all validation rules and triggers for the account and contact objects?
Lisa Eason 9Lisa Eason 9
Yes
Scott Harbaugh 1Scott Harbaugh 1
Lisa, did you see my solution above?

You should be getting an email when the error occurs, if you check that it will have more information as to what exactly is occuring. 

I had this issue and it was caused by a null value in one of the fields. Apparently if it checks a field and it is null it throws an error.

Anyhow if you see my solution you can add a check for a null condition and if it is null just write '' to the field to remove the null condition if that is the problem you are having.
Lisa Eason 9Lisa Eason 9
This is the error from my email -
An error occurred at element myRule_1_A1 (FlowRecordUpdate).
UPDATE --- UPDATE FAILED --- ERRORS : (STRING_TOO_LONG) Mailing Zip/Postal Code: data value too large: [Account].ShippingPostalCode (max length=20), 
Okay, it's telling you that the data you are trying to update the field with is too long. For whatever reason you appear to be able to have strings in one field than the max length in the other. It seems to me that the easiest fix would be to increase the value allowed in the field you are writing to, to match the one you are writing from. 

If you do it the other way around you may have to go through and truncate a bunch of data.
Lisa Eason 9Lisa Eason 9
I ran a report on contact mailing postal code & account shipping postal code and none are over 5 characters.  I don't believe you can change the address length since it's a standard field.
User-added image
You know I wouldn't think so either.....have you tried adding a TRIM (or whatever the equivelent SF function is) to ensure spaces are not somehow getting added? 

Of course SF error messages can frequantly be cryptic at best.........do you have any other validation rules on the fields? 
Lisa Eason 9Lisa Eason 9
No, I'll keep digging though, it's got to be something so minor
Hi Lisa 
Please see Andrew's note above.  Point 3 is how it must be done "All five parts of the Mailing Address on Contacts are covered under the Update records action and the Type as Reference for all field values".  Check the image in his mail.  Make the changes as suggested.  You will clear this.
Bhanu
Hi Lisa 
Check screenshot below.
Bhanu

User-added image
Just to be clear, you are using String as a type, but you want Reference. My guess is that when you use string and set the value as the name of the field it is trying to write the fully qualified field name, not the contents.
Lisa Eason 9Lisa Eason 9
Thank you so much Bhanu!
Sameer BohraSameer Bohra
Thanks everyone for your inputs on this thread. I was stuck on this issue as well and was greaty benefitted by inputs from all of you.
Lipika ChandraLipika Chandra
Even I was stucked with the same issue but "Joseph Chatman 3" Thanks Man...
It Finally Worked for me..
Kajal KantariaKajal Kantaria
My process works just fine. whenever I create or edit Account Shipping Address, It will update Contact Mailing Address automatically. But It doesn't let me complete the challange. If I click on check challange It gives me this message!!

There was an unexpected error in your org which is preventing this assessment check from completing: System.DmlException: Update failed. First exception on row 0 with id 0013600000G1vNIAAZ; first error: FIELD_INTEGRITY_EXCEPTION, There's a problem with this country, even though it may appear correct. Please select a country from the list of valid countries.: [ShippingCountry]

I thought it will get fixed as it says There was an unexpected error in your org which is preventing this assessment check from completing: System.DmlException:
But this is third day and I am geeting same message.
any idea what is the problem?
That looks like a validation error message? Do you have any validation rules or triggers in place?
Kajal KantariaKajal Kantaria
No, I did not have any Validation rule or Triggers in Place but just solved the problem with help of "Boris" (Member of this wonderful Forum). I enabled State and Country picklist few days ago and that was giving me the problem. As soon as desabled that i completed the challange. Thank you for your reply.
Maheep Singh 3Maheep Singh 3
I am getting below error plz advice
An update to an account record failed to update the mailing address fields of all child contact records. Make sure that the process is correct and that it is activated
User-added imageUser-added imageUser-added image
Maheep Singh 3Maheep Singh 3
Never mind Folks. Got the error. Fields to be updated should be in sequence corresponding to trailhead quiz.

Thanks
Christopher ReedyChristopher Reedy
Very helpful thread everyone.  Thank you.
Doug DeFrees 7Doug DeFrees 7
I had very much the same solution as Maheep and the same problem. My solution was also the same, changing the order of the fields in the action fixed this problem. I have two questions, though:
  1. Why does the order matter?
  2. Would you get the same result if using a reference to the account object to update the contact field as you would using a formula whose result is the corresponding field in the account object?
Alaa AliAlaa Ali

User-added image'

?

what should I do 

Pierluigi MelcarnePierluigi Melcarne
Hi all,
try to deactivare not only any validation rule but also the triggers on contact and/or on account.
Anil VaddadiAnil Vaddadi
Thanks Andrew Lokotosh , it worked for me too. 
Christophe_         LereverendChristophe_ Lereverend
Pretty difficult one, Andrew Lokotosh gave us a good head up, Thanks to you!

Make sure all Field are update with the following below: (Street, City, Stage, PostalCode, Country)

Account Update
Nick Budincich 5Nick Budincich 5
For Salesforce engineers who build the Trailhead challenges, I left this note in the feedback but thought I'd put it here as well. Solely for potential improvement:

Hey! Just a friendly notification.

The challenge at the bottom of the process builder section asks to trigger a change in contacts addresses when account address is changed. I tried the task and kept getting it wrong. Turns out, the logic to be "correct in the challenge" is that all 5 pieces of the address need to have been changed. This is clearly not the ideal situation - if my business moves offices, it will likely remain in the same country, more often than not in the same state, occasionally in the same zipcode and city, and then obviously usually a different street address. I initially put the five criteria using OR logic.. incase the country was the same, etc. I didn't complete the challenge until I put the logic as AND for all 5. I think it is better to use OR, but I don't want to teach y'all how to do your job. 

Hope this is helpful!
Best,
Nick Budincich
priyanka narisettypriyanka narisetty
An update to an account record failed to update the mailing address fields of all child contact records. Make sure that the process is correct and that it is activated.

Order is same as trail head order still getting the error

User-added image

User-added image

Order is same and validation rule is not active and i tried both AND and OR

still getting the above error
Jason ThurgoodJason Thurgood
For anyone looking through this thread - the I have found the solution posted by Andrew Lokotosh above to be most helpful.  

See post from February 6, 2016.  You have to check each field individually - so you end up with one criteria node, and one record update PER field.  

At first I refused to admit that that was the correct way to handle this, but it is.  If any of the fields you are trying to map are null on the parent record (in this case the Account) you will get the error: CANNOT_EXECUTE_FLOW_TRIGGER, The record couldn’t be saved because it failed to trigger a flow.
Preston CarterPreston Carter
Andrew Lotosh's five-step flow is the idea that worked for me. Note, however, that, unlike the flow diagram Andrew posted, I changed the exit step for four out of the five actions from "Stop" to "Evaluate Next Criteria".
Shayna StocktonShayna Stockton
I also suggest deactivating any other processes to do with contacts or accounts, as I guess maybe they can interfere? At least I finally got it to work after doing that as well.
NSK000NSK000
Hi guys,
Can you please help me out with this error

Error element myWaitEvent_myWait_myRule_3_event_0_SA1 (FlowRecordUpdate).
The flow tried to update these records: null. This error occurred: CANNOT_EXECUTE_FLOW_TRIGGER: The record couldn’t be saved because it failed to trigger a flow. A flow trigger failed to execute the flow with version ID 3017A0000004X7T. Flow error messages: An unhandled fault has occurred in this flow
An unhandled fault has occurred while processing the flow. Please contact your system administrator for more information. Contact your administrator for help.. For details, see API Exceptions.

This report lists the elements that the flow interview executed. The report is a beta feature.
We welcome your feedback on IdeaExchange.
Flow Details
Flow Name: Accounting_Process_When_PO_Status_is_Closed_Issued_to_Vendor
Type: Workflow
Version: 5
Flow Interview Details
Interview Label: Accounting_Process_When_PO_Status_is_Closed_Issued_to_Vendor-5_InterviewLabel
Current User: Siva Kishore Nandyala (0057A000001aFk1)
Start time: 6/1/2017 9:26 AM
Duration: 3,575 seconds
How the Interview Started
Siva Kishore Nandyala (0057A000001aFk1) started the flow interview.
Some of this flow's variables were set when the interview started.
myVariable_old = a4R7A000000S7CmUAK
myVariable_current = a4R7A000000S7CmUAK
ASSIGNMENT: myVariable_waitStartTimeAssignment
{!myVariable_waitStartTimeVariable} Equals {!Flow.CurrentDateTime}
Result
{!myVariable_waitStartTimeVariable} = "6/1/2017 9:26 AM"
DECISION: myPreWaitDecision_myWait_myRule_5
ASSIGNMENT: myWaitAssignment_myWait_myRule_5
{!cancelWaits} Add myWait_myRule_5
Result
{!cancelWaits} = "[myWait_myRule_5]"
DECISION: myPreWaitDecision_myWait_myRule_3
Executed this outcome: myPreWaitRule_myWait_myRule_3
Outcome conditions: and
1. {!myVariable_current.Advance_Payment_Required__c} (false) Equals false
2. {!myVariable_current.Status__c} (Closed - Issued to Vendor) Equals Closed - Issued to Vendor
3. {!myVariable_current.PO_Final__c} (false) Equals false
4. {!myVariable_current.Invoice_Included__c} (false) Equals false
5. {!myVariable_current.Employee_Reimbursement__c} (false) Equals false
Logic: All conditions must be true (AND)
DECISION: myDecision
DECISION: myDecision2
Executed this outcome: myRule_3
Outcome conditions: and
1. {!myVariable_current.Advance_Payment_Required__c} (false) Equals false
2. {!myVariable_current.Status__c} (Closed - Issued to Vendor) Equals Closed - Issued to Vendor
3. {!myVariable_current.PO_Final__c} (false) Equals false
4. {!myVariable_current.Invoice_Included__c} (false) Equals false
5. {!myVariable_current.Employee_Reimbursement__c} (false) Equals false
DECISION: myRule_3_pmetdec
WAIT: myWait_myRule_3
The waiting conditions for the following wait events were met.
Wait Event: myWaitEvent_myWait_myRule_3_event_0
Waiting Conditions:
1. {!myWaitEvent_myWait_myRule_3_event_0_postActionExecutionVariable} (false) Equals false

Event Type: Alarm: Absolute Time
Base Time = {!myVariable_waitStartTimeVariable} (6/1/2017 9:26 AM)
Offset Unit = Hours
Offset Number = 1
Result
Started waiting at 6/1/2017 9:26 AM.

The interview started waiting at 6/1/2017 9:26 AM.
The interview was resumed at 6/1/2017 10:26 AM by Siva Kishore Nandyala (0057A000001aFk1).

WAIT: myWait_myRule_3
Wait event myWaitEvent_myWait_myRule_3_event_0 occurred.
The following values from the event were assigned to flow variables.
None.
RECORD UPDATE: myWaitEvent_myWait_myRule_3_event_0_SA1
Find all Purchase_Order__c records where:
Id Equals {!myVariable_current.Id} (a4R7A000000S7CmUAK)
Update the records’ field values.
PO_Final__c = true
Result
Failed to update records that meet the filter criteria.

Error Occurred: The flow tried to update these records: null. This error occurred: CANNOT_EXECUTE_FLOW_TRIGGER: The record couldn’t be saved because it failed to trigger a flow. A flow trigger failed to execute the flow with version ID 3017A0000004X7T. Flow error messages: An unhandled fault has occurred in this flow
An unhandled fault has occurred while processing the flow. Please contact your system administrator for more information. Contact your administrator for help.. For details, see API Exceptions.
hema rajendranhema rajendran

Thanks Andrew Lokotosh, I followed the steps as mentioned (screenshot gives a clear understanding) and solved the challenge.

Chris DuarteChris Duarte
Hi there - just received a note directing me to this thread.

We accept both AND and OR functions for this challenge. I just ran through it now with the OR criteria and passed.

User-added image

User-added image

User-added image
Nick EngstrandNick Engstrand
https://youtu.be/qTNQHmgUJeA is really easy to follow along 
Meeta Gulati 5Meeta Gulati 5
Steps executed: 

You are editing/creating the lightning process in Process Builder
You are saving an account record in the UI - SUCCESS
You are clicking on the "Check Challenge" button in Trailhead- BELOW ERROR

Error: 

An update to an account record failed to update the mailing address fields of all child contact records. Make sure that the process is correct and that it is activated.
Tracy DyeTracy Dye
I was still having issues after having all the fields correct, with the same error.   I figured it was null values and didn't know how to get rid of it.  Finally, I used Scott H's formula for null values on Mar 16, 2015 and it worked.  
Edison Raj 9Edison Raj 9
Hello All,

I am getting the below error. I tried in both Classic and Lightning environment. But, getting the following error while clicking the "Check Challenge" button. Please help

There was an unexpected error in your org which is preventing this assessment check from completing: System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: CANNOT_INSERT_UPDATE_ACTIVATE_ENTITY, ExampleTrigger: execution of AfterInsert caused by: line 5, column 22: Non static method cannot be referenced from a static context: void EmailManager.sendMail(String, String, String): []
Edison Raj 9Edison Raj 9
Hi All,
        I understand there is a trigger activated on Contact for one of the previous challenge like below. But, the expectation for this trigger is when a record is inserted in Account, it should affect the Contact record. In below trigger, the condition is only on the Contact Object. So, not sure why it throws the error. I get the error in my Developer Console also. Pls write me how to deactivate the trigger either in Classic or Lightning Experience. Should I delete this trigger inorder to proceed with the current Challenge ?

trigger ExampleTrigger on Contact (after insert, after delete) {
    if (Trigger.isInsert) {
        Integer recordCount = Trigger.New.size();
        // Call a utility method from another class
        EmailManager.sendMail('mymaildID', 'Trailhead Trigger Tutorial',
                    recordCount + ' contact(s) were inserted.');
Neerpal singh 6Neerpal singh 6
Kindly follow the below screen shots, it will work.

User-added image

Update Records On Contact
User-added image

Eric TorresEric Torres
This resolved the problem - https://youtu.be/qTNQHmgUJeA  - Nick Engstrand on September 12, 2017