function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Missy LongshoreMissy Longshore 

Quick Action and Process Builder

Hi,
I created a quick action that I then used with process builder that isn't working. The quick action is to update a record. I then needed to use it with process builder since the object I'm trying to use it on is a managed package visualforce page without chatter so I can't make the action visible via a button. I'm not getting an error message but it's just not working. 
What I'm trying to do is get a lookup field to autopopulate when the record is created or edited. 
Any thoughts/ideas/ways to find out what's going wrong with my quick action or process, or alternate approaches?
Thank you!
Missy

SonamSonam (Salesforce Developers) 
Did you happen to check the debug logs to see what acxtions get triggers when the record is updated?
Debug logs:https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=code_debug_log.htm&language=en_US
@Sonam, thank you so much, I am working on checking the debug logs now! ~ Missy
Ashima Saigal 6Ashima Saigal 6
Hi there, can you please post a screenshot of your criteria and your action?
And use this link to help you debug... https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewHelpDoc?id=process_troubleshoot.htm&language=en_US make sure that the you look for the WF_CRITERIA_BEGIN and WF_CRITERIA_END and see what happens in between. Or post your debug log here for us to review.
Update Action on Managed Package Custom Object
Above is the Update Action I created. Note it's for a custom object in a managed package, so I can't display it using chatter. So I used the Process Builder.
Criteria in Process Builder
and
Quick Action
The debug logs are not showing anything at all. In other words, I'll go in and change another field on the record to try to get the process to start, and the debug log will only show that I successfully changed a field. It looks like my process is never starting. I checked and it is activated. Thanks for any suggestions, this is my first time trying this, per suggestions I received from #askforce!
Your criteria says if the fRecruit__Application__ is null, right. Just want to clarify that you want it to be null and then the actions occur.
Yes, the idea is if the field I want to be autopopulated, which is the 'contact' field on the custom object 'application', is blank, then the actions should occur. I'm open to suggestions if that's not the best way to go about it! 
And I presume you're triggering this when a record is created or edited when it did not previously meet the criteria?

Try seeing what happens when you have no criteria. It's obviously the criteria stopping it from moving forward. Now we need to see if this is because the field is a foreign key.
Ashima Saigal - Summer 14 MVPAshima Saigal - Summer 14 MVP
Used my wrong account. Sorry Missy. Okay, I have a feeling the critieria is the culprit, but tell me, is that criteria field fRecruit__Application__c.Contact__c?
And this could be the issue, as that field is a foreign key field. However, it looks like it has been fixed: https://success.salesforce.com/issues_view?id=a1p300000008XMLAA2
Ok, I removed the criteria, and I edited an application record, and the debug log is not showing that it fired, or at least the field is not being autopopulated as I would like:
Debug log
I think you're in the drong debug log Missy. I think you need to go to Logs -> Debug Logs and start a log there in your name.  See this resource: 
https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewHelpDoc?id=process_troubleshoot.htm&language=en_US

Configure the filter on the debug log you just created to be FINEST for Workflow. Then, do the deed, then go back and check out the log. Post what you see in the log here please.
Ok, cool! I was using the Developer Console before, not the setup menu. I'm not seeing any trace of the workflow firing at all. Here's the detail view of the resulting debug log from when I went in and made an edit to an application in an attempt to get my process to fire - I hope it helps - I have no idea what I need to do at this point! 
Debug log
Missy,

I don't see any Workflow at the top of the log, is it after the Visualforce? You set it to Finest, right?

Change the criteria temporarily to just execute (the third option). Also, make sure that the section where you select the object is set to fire on edit and creation of the record.

Set up the Debug logs again and try to get it to trigger again. We need to see what is causing the problem.

Peace,

Ashima

Missy,

Okay, just downloaded the image, you must set workflow to FINEST. When you create the log file, you go back and click on Filter. Change the Workflow Filter to be set to finest (you can set the others to be none, we don't care about them). Then, let's look at the log file.

Peace,

Ashima

Hi Ashima, Thanks so much for your help. I'm pretty sure that my process and quick action is not firing at all, which is why it's not showing in the debug log. I'm actually not even sure what I'm trying to accomplish is possible, since the objects aren't related. Here's a screen shot of my debug log filter criteria and the debug log after I make an edit to the application object in an attempt to get the action and process to fire (with no luck):

filter
results  Please note there is no 'finest' option for workflow so I just stayed with 'finer'. It's not the end of the world if I don't get this fixed, I just thought it would be nice to learn how to use the process builder with a quick action! Thanks again for your help!
What kicks off the process? updating the application, right? And then you're using Process Builder to fire the quick action.

See, we need to figure out why process builder isn't getting fired. I presume you are updating the application record and you have that as the process builder object. Why not take a screenshot of your entire process for me to see. I'd also recommend setting the criteria to always fire (rather than only firing if the contact is null). Then see if it fires. This can be done, I am clearly missing something in this!
Hi, thanks for your patience, you are my role model! Ok, it looks like *something* is happening, as evidenced by this email I received - does any of this make sense to you? Thanks again for your help!

The subject was: 'Unhandled process fault from {client name} : Autopopulate_Contact_on_Application : fRecruit.Applica...'

Encountered unhandled fault when running process Autopopulate_Contact_on_Application/30140000000PDle exception by user/organization: 00D40000000IZB3/{4}

fRecruit.ApplicationAfterInsertOrUpdate: execution of AfterUpdate

caused by: System.Exception: Apex CPU time limit exceeded

(fRecruit)

caused by element : FlowActionCall.myRule_1_A1

caused by: fRecruit.ApplicationAfterInsertOrUpdate: execution of AfterUpdate

caused by: System.Exception: Apex CPU time limit exceeded

(fRecruit)

Salesforce Error ID: 90028606-66164 (187972115)
Missy, Good, now let's take a look at the debug log. Turn everything on to the highest (it will be either fine, info or finest). Now, we're getting somewhere! Peace, Ashima *Database Sherpa* *The wisdom of a Sherpa. The reward of your practice.* http://www.databasesherpa.com *Twitter : Facebook : LinkedIn *
Sunil Shah 12Sunil Shah 12
Thank you Sonam. It helped me as well :)
prunella viensprunella viens
Thanks so much for your help
Prunella Viens (https://sejour-guadeloupe.weebly.com)