function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
someonesomeone 

Salesforce browser history is being doubled up

I have a call center application running in salesforce. This web-app is loaded inside an iframe within salesforce. The app uses the openCTI javascript library to interact with salesforce data. It was recently noticed that if the user navigates within salesforce, the browser will double up the navigation history. For example, if the users navigates to Accounts > Contacts > Leads, then the browser history will look like:
- Leads
- Contacts
- Contacts
- Accounts
- Accounts

Since there is only one of Leads at the end of this scenario, perhaps one history entry is added when the page is loaded, and another when the page unloaded. In any case, I have no idea why this is. If I point the call center to load a simple html page outside my app, then the history functionality is fine, so the cause is something do with my app, but I'm not sure if its some source from the openCTI library (interaction.js) used by my app or something else within my code. My app does not touch the browser history explicitly. Any ideas? Thanks.
someonesomeone
p.s. I forgot to mention that the effect of this issue is that the user cannot use the back button. Clicking it in the above scenario means the will always stay on Leads. Could this be the result of some sort of POST redirect navigation in salesforce?