function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Steven Hansen 8Steven Hansen 8 

Rechecking Challenge for Controlling Access to Objects fails

I'm working on the Data Security trail and attempting to check the challenge for "Controlling Access to Objects"

The challenge requires a profile to be created with the following traits:
    Name: Account Reviewer
    Salesforce license type
    Only read access to Account object. (And no access to any other object in the Org)

I've set the object access to readonly for Accounts, and removed all other objects.

When I check the challenge the error:
Challenge not yet complete ... here's what's wrong:
The 'Account Reviewer' profile does not work as expected.

Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this?
I looks straightforward, is the challenge looking at anything other than data objects?

Thanks

Best Answer chosen by Steven Hansen 8
Olga ShirokovaOlga Shirokova
So I went ahead and submitted the challenge one more time. It worked like a charm. Double check Object Settings under "Account Reviewer" profile and make sure all objects are set to "No Access"

All Answers

SonamSonam (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Steven, 

Can you please share the profile screenshot where you have given access to the Account object in the profile, does this challenge say anything about ORG wide defaults for Account object? 
I'm having the same problem. Under Account Review profile I set "read onle" permission for Accounts object and the rest of the objects No Access.
The challange says the Account Reviewer should only have read access to the Account object (and no access to any other object in the Org).
So I went ahead and submitted the challenge one more time. It worked like a charm. Double check Object Settings under "Account Reviewer" profile and make sure all objects are set to "No Access"
This was selected as the best answer
Steven Hansen 8Steven Hansen 8
I returned to my profile after a few days and found more objects needing to have permissions removed. I'm sure I addressed all of them. When I attempted to change them I received an odd error:

Please fix the following:
Permission Edit Self-Service Users depends on permission(s) Edit Contacts, Read Contacts

Only I was not working on the Contacts objects.

So I changed to a newer dev instance (2 days old) reset up the Account Review profile and passed the challenge! 

Andrew EversleyAndrew Eversley
I respectfully apologize guys but this doesn't help me out a bit. I'm having the same issue with the same error and I'm not following the trend of thought here to solve it. Can anyone provide some screenshots of the solution please. thanx
Sridhar Reddy 20Sridhar Reddy 20
User-added image

Hope this helps.
Andrew EversleyAndrew Eversley
Thanx Sridhar, that helped solve my issue. Appreciate it.
Jimmy GattJimmy Gatt
I cannot complete this challege because selecting read access on the "Account" object automatically selects read access on the "Contact" object.  The UI does not allow me to select only read access on Account.
Yasmina MoslehiYasmina Moslehi
Hi Jimmy, 

I was having the same issue, you should check the last part of this thread.

https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/?id=906F0000000BQwFIAW