function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Douglas OpickaDouglas Opicka 

Rolling Up custom formula fields from Quote Line Item to the Quote

I created three custom formula fields on the QuoteLineItem table.

I am trying to add Roll Up fields on the Quote to sum these three variables.

One of the three variables is available to Roll Up, but the other 2 are not.  I did some research in this forum and found postings that said a formula filed cannot be used in another Roll Up field.  This made some sense until I was able to do it once.

Any possible ideas why one formula field would be available for a Roll Up Summary but other formula fields are not?  I should mention that none of the 3 fields I created on the Quote Line Items table are Roll Up Summary fields.  They are simple add and subtract math type fields.

Any help would be appreciated.
Bhanu PartapBhanu Partap
Hi Douglas,

You can create one more formula field on quotelineitem for calculate all three variables and use that field in Roll Up Field at Quote, this is my understanding to your problem.

Douglas OpickaDouglas Opicka
I don't understand what you are suggesting.

You think I should add another formula field to QuoteLineItem?

How will that formula field be eligible for Roll Up if the existing formula fields are not?
Bhanu PartapBhanu Partap
Quote Line Item Custom Fields
Correct me if i m wrong this is what you are trying to do, 2 formula fields Quot object rollup
dropdown but you cannot select both formula fields for sum,max,min. because the return type of both the formula field i.e Formula2 and Formula3 is Number and if any return type i.e text and checkbox will not shown here. 

Type Description
COUNT : Totals the number of related records.
SUM : Totals the values in the field you select in the Field to Aggregate option. Only number, currency, and percent fields are available.
MIN : Displays the lowest value of the field you select in the Field to Aggregate option for all directly-related records. Only number, currency, percent, date, and date/time fields are available.
MAX : Displays the highest value of the field you select in the Field to Aggregate option for all directly-related records. Only number, currency, percent, date, and date/time fields are available.

For more detail how to create rollup refer :-
https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewHelpDoc?id=fields_defining_summary_fields.htm
Tim Britton 3Tim Britton 3

Bhanu,
I am trying to follow tis advice, but my new custom formula is not showing up in the picklist.  Any ideas?

User-added image
Here is a screenshot of the picklit (doesn't include the new formula)

User-added image

Thanks

Andy KallioAndy Kallio
The rule for roll-up summary of formula fields is that that they are allowed if the formula being rolled up is NOT a cross-object formula. So, for example, if your formula references a field on the related Product object then you won't be able roll it up. In those cases you have populate an open field with a trigger, workflow rule, process builder etc. 
RSomaniRSomani
I guess this is an issue of salesforce that formula field is visible in Roll-up type in production account not in sandbox account, in production it is working fine