function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
shrutiiiiishrutiiiii 

Managed Package Custom Tabs are exceeding Salesforce limit

Surprsing!!!

Yesterday I installed a managed released package (not published on appExchange, submitted for review) on a Salesforce sandbox EE org. But installation failed because custom tab limit was exceeded. But package components are not considered against Salesforce limits right??? There are already 60-70 custom tabs in this org, most of them are created by a package. So for sure they were not considered in Salesforce limit - i.e. limit of 25 custom tabs. Then why installation of my managed package failed? I have no clue. Can anyone please help me into this?

This is the email that I got:

Your request to install package "<packageName>" was unsuccessful. None of the data or setup information in your salesforce.com organization was affected.

If your install continues to fail, contact Salesforce CRM Support through your normal channels and provide the following information.

Organization: xxx
User: xxx
Package: xxx

Problem:

1.  Custom Tab Limit Exceeded
You've exceeded the maximum number of custom tabs allowed in your organization. (Required: 13, Available: 5) To learn about options for increasing the custom tab limit, please contact your administrator or salesforce.com.

Custom Tab Limit Exceeded

You've exceeded the maximum number of custom tabs allowed in your organization. (Required: 13, Available: 5) To learn about options for increasing the custom tab limit, please contact your administrator or salesforce.com.

Thank You,
salesforce.com
shrutiiiiishrutiiiii
Ok, I got something - https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/ForumsMain?id=906F00000008tusIAA

This links explains that package should be 100% native app so that it will not be counted against SF limits. But I'm not very clear on this.
shrutiiiiishrutiiiii
Is anyone looking into this? Please reply.