function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
PrakkiPrakki 

How to provide an access to Manager role users to change Account owner of account records owned by other team members and should not allow him take ownership?

Hi All

We have roles

District manager - NY, Branch Manager 1 - NY,Branch Manager 2 - NY, Branch Manager 3 - NY
District manager - CA, Branch Manager 1 - CA,Branch Manager 2 - CA, Branch Manager 3 - CA
District manager - PA, Branch Manager 1 - PA,Branch Manager 2 - PA, Branch Manager 3 - PA

The requirement is the users with District Manager Roles ( District manager - NY,District manager - CA, District manager - PA ) should able to change Account owner irrespective of the branch.

1. He should not take ownership of the Accounts owned by other team.

2. He should be able to take ownership if the Account from his own team.

Ex: If a user with a role District manager - NY should be able to change owner of any district records ( NY, CA, PA) But he can take ownership only from his district(NY).

I thought of writing a validation rule but i'm unable to get District Mangers team information.

Kindly suggest how can i solve this ?

Thank you.

Prakki  
PratikPratik (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Prakki,

If you can use the Owner.UserRole.Name to identify the team (mentione the role name  of the team) and ISCHANGED on Owner (ownerid) in the validation, it will help!

Thanks,
Pratik