function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Nicole McGuireNicole McGuire 

Salesforce Files Installer Issue

I am getting an error installing the Salesforce Files Installer. 

Their install properties are as follows:
User-added image

When I run “salesforcefilesinstaller.exe /s /v/qn” it returns a text file that says “resultcode=-3” and I cannot locate documentation on the website for result codes for the installer. When I manually run the installer on that same computer it works fine so it must be related to the switches they provided?
Sachin.VermaSachin.Verma
Hi @Nicole McGuire:
Salesforce Files Installer exe has some dialogs in its installation process. When the installer is launched directly, the input to dialogs is given by manual clicks. In order to give the input to these dialogs via command line, you will have to use an answer script.
The command looks something like this:
salesforcefilesinstaller.exe /s /f1"answerScript.txt" /w /SMS /clone_wait

If you are interested in command line install, we would recommend that you try out our managed version which is a msi installer. If you want to use exe installer only, do let me know and I can provide you a sample answer file.

Hope this helps. Please feel free to post any further queries.
Nicole McGuireNicole McGuire
Do you have a link to the MSI installer? I would prefer to go that way but I could not find one out there from Salesforce. 
Leonard SilonLeonard Silon
ANy reply as to where the MSI installer file might be located?
Sachin.VermaSachin.Verma
Hi @Leonard Silon, @Nicole McGuire : Sorry for the delay in response. Our managed installers are accessible through an admin page that is enabled for an org by enabling a BT perm. Depending on whether you need it for a customer or for internal purposes, our PMs can guide you to right process.
@Adam Wegel , @Khushwant Singh Please suggest what works best here.
Leonard SilonLeonard Silon
Internal only. Where can I get the one MSI file for sync files on a PC?
Sachin.VermaSachin.Verma
Hi,
Please feel free to download the msi from this location:
https://umps.gus.salesforce.com/chatternow/chatterbox/managedversion/SalesforceFilesManagedInstall.zip

Please ensure you are on corporate network or VPN and have enabled SFM.

Warm Regards,
Sachin
Vickie DiamondVickie Diamond
@Nichole McGuire, was this answer helpful? My org is having an issue with Salesforce Files as well while attempting to do a silent mass install.  One of the switches is not enabled in the install file.  The link provided above does not work.

Thank you,
Vickie