function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
jcaldjcald 

Lead Pagelayout (case id link)

Not sure if this can be done. I created a case2lead button in the case layout. I have auto-fill the lead pagelayout through url ex. lea8={! Contact.Phone }. I would like to reference the case number to the lead information. I would like to create a field "Case Related To" and making the case number a linkable link to the case.

Thanks for your help
SonamSonam (Salesforce Developers) 
This can be achieved by creating a lookup field on Lead object with link to case.

You can then pass the caseID in the same way as you are passing the Contact.phone like {!case.id} as I understand this button is on the case layout..
jcaldjcald
yes - i have created the lookup field (to case) and pass the case number and case id. But this is a search and too many clicks for users... I'm looking to make the case number linkable url to the case. Kinda like the case related list view in accounts (attached). one click to the related case.

case number linkable url
Correct, so when you have created the  Case lookup field on the Lead page - the time you pass the value of case ID as {!case.id}, it will show up as a link..
jcaldjcald
Nothing shows. I have created a Lead field...
CaseID_Lookup__c   Lookup(Case) = (Field ID)00NU0000004znuL

In my "Case To Lead" custom button url:
/00Q/e?retURL={!Case.Id}&lea3={!Case.Account}&lea8={! Contact.Phone }&lea11={! Contact.Email}&name_firstlea2={!Contact.FirstName}&name_lastlea2={!Contact.LastName}&lea17={!Case.Description}&00NU0000004znqO={!Case.CaseNumber}&00NU0000004znuL={!Case.Id}

User-added image

In the New Lead Page url, i get:
https://na12.salesforce.com/00Q/e?retURL=500U000000IEZnO..........&00NU0000004znqO=00008799&00NU0000004znuL=500U000000IEZnO&

Any ideas?
ok,I see you have the case ID in a custom button with name: CaseID Lookup:

can you please check the API name for this field and put its value as following in the URL:

/00Q/e?retURL={!Case.Id}&lea3={!Case.Account}&lea8={! Contact.Phone }&lea11={! Contact.Email}&name_firstlea2={!Contact.FirstName}&name_lastlea2={!Contact.LastName}&lea17={!Case.Description}&00NU0000004znqO={!Case.CaseNumber}&CaseID_Lookup__c={!Case.Id}

assuming the API name of the field is the one is bold.

jcaldjcald
no dice. 
ok, can you pls provide me the following details to look into your issue(drop me an email: sraju @ salesforce dot com):
ORG ID, link to the object where you are creating this button and login access to Salesforce Support for a week(http://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewSolution?id=000003910&language=en_US)