function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Amanda Byrne- Carolina Tiger RescueAmanda Byrne- Carolina Tiger Rescue 

Creating processes to run automatically on a specified date

I have a Payments object, and on that Payments Object I have formula fields that calculate how many calendar years ago and fiscal years ago the payment was made.  I needed the values to roll up to the Opportunity, but rollups don't work with formula fields- so I created currency fields to hold the values for the rollup.

But I can't seem to set the default value on those currency fields to a formula field in the same object.  I can't create a workflow that runs on January 1 and July 1.  Doing a manual mass update twice a year isn't the worst scenario in the world, but If I need to run a report with the correct rollup values and I don't notice they are incorrect- my report is wrong.  Or if I do notice, then I have to reack down why the value isn't right.

Any ideas to automate the process to copy the calues from the formula field to the currency field on a particular date?
Cyrus TalladenCyrus Talladen
You mentioned that you cant create a workflow that runs on specified days.  Do you mean time-dependent workflows?  With this case I can just have the criteria  6 months AFTER January 1 or something to that effect.

Cyrus T
www.levementum.com
Amanda Byrne- Carolina Tiger RescueAmanda Byrne- Carolina Tiger Rescue
There's no way to set a specific date on a workflow, just a number of days after a date field.  I suppose creating a static formula field with a value of Jan 1st and one with July 1 might be doable?

Cyrus TalladenCyrus Talladen
According to this tutorial : http://opfocus.com/blog/useful-salesforce-com-special-date-values-and-filter-criteria-examples/

we can have a filter

My_Date__c EQUALS next 6 months