function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JFraserJFraser 

After trial -> paid account conversion asked SF to reset everything, now "Domain is taken"?

I started with a trial and then migrated to a paid account.  During that trial I went wild with customization just to get a feel for it all.  I also did setup my domain.

I ultimately converted that trial to a paid account but asked SF to reset the data so I can apply the correct customizations.  They did do that but in doing so they also eliminated the domain URL.  I tried to add it again and it says "taken".

I tried to go to support on this but the bottom level tries to tell me to bring it to the community or do "my developer" to resolve.  I'm highly doubting this is something I or any developer can solve and appears to be a side effect of how they "reset" my account.  I wonder if what they actually did was just create a brand new account leaving that old one out there to die. =(

Is there a resolution to this?  I did ask them over the phone to try again and seek support since I couldn't imagine what I or any of you could do t o help so I'm waiting their response but I'm not hopeful =(.

ShashankShashank (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi,

If you can emaill me your org id at ssrivatsavaya@salesforce.com, I can check the issue for you.

Thanks,
Shashank Srivatsavaya
Salesforce.com