function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Seth RosenSeth Rosen 

Syntax Error

Hello Developers.

U.S. Army Veteran here studying to become a SalesForce System Administrator and need help with the following isse: This is part of the VetForce training program for U.S. military veterans. 

I am trying to post the following formula and am getting the Sytax Error: Error: Field Has_Support_Plan__c does not exist. Check spelling.

Here is the formula: Has_Support_Plan__c = True && ISBLANK( Support_Plan_Expiration_Date__c)

The steps that I have followed are as follows: 
Start Page: Setup | Customize | Accounts | Validation Rules.
1. To create an account validation rule to force users to enter a Support Plan Expiration Date when Has Support Plan is selected:Click New, and then complete the validation rule:

Rule Name: Support plan expiration date required
Active: (selected)
Description: Support plan expiration date is required when account is marked as having support plan.
Error Condition Formula: Has_Support_Plan__c = True && ISBLANK( Support_Plan_Expiration_Date__c )
ShotShot
Actually, you have the answer: Field Has_Support_Plan__c does not exist.
Did you create this field in Account?
Seth RosenSeth Rosen
Yes, it does exist. It was the first thing I checked. I went into the accounts tab and viewed all accounts, to make sure the fields were showing up with respect to the support plan. But I am not sure why it is not working? I have attached a screen shot. Respectfully, Seth M. Rosen 561-207-8971 (USA) +972 525552893 (Israel) Skype: Seth_Rosen101 p.s. Here is my professional profile link. https://www.rallypoint.com/profiles/563735-spc-seth-rosen
Seth RosenSeth Rosen
Screen Shot Of Account
ShotShot
Would be better if you show a screen of Customize -> Accounts -> Fields -> Account Custom Fields & Relationships
There we will see API name of this field
Seth RosenSeth Rosen
User-added image
I followed your instructions, and here is the screen shot you asked for. As you can see "Has Support Plan" and "Support Plan Expiration Date" are present. I'm still not sure where I am going wrong. 
ShotShot
Yes, but take a look on API Name of Has Support Plan, it is unchecked__c. This one you should use insdead Has_Support_Plan__c. 
Seth RosenSeth Rosen
Thanks for the help. I really appreciate it. You developers are awesome. Here is a screen shot of the correction. I'm just wondering, what does API stand for? Also when I made the change, I noticed that the field name did not automatically populate with the Has_Support_Plan__c and I had to put it in mannually. If memory serves me correctly, this would normally auto populate. If I have any trouble, I will let you know. 
ShotShot
You're welcome, Seth. 
API name its like machine name, it could be badly readable, thats why we create additional "human kind" field name. Usually when you input field label, system generates API name automatically, replacing spaces to "_", but sometimes it works not as we need, so you also can change it to whatever you want.

If you get the answer, choose best answer(post) and your post will be solved!