function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
mk_rpmk_rp 

Help! something is chewing up my 20,000 API calls a day, and I don't know how to track it...

Can someone help me identify what is chewing up our API calls? As of 3 days ago, we started hitting our 20K limit every day, and prior to that we'd barely hit 1000. I've turned off all our coded integrations, and we're still hitting 20k. I looked at the SF reports, but they only tell me # of API calls by user. How can I see what the API calls are and where they are coming from to help me track down where the leak is???
Ty WhitfieldTy Whitfield
I believe there is something strange going on with regards to the API calls.  We too have experience a drastic increase in API calls within the last week.  
Admin SFDC 24Admin SFDC 24
Did anyone find out anything here - we just hit the same problem - we have one user who has ~15,000 API calls a day!
Andrew Wilkinson 2Andrew Wilkinson 2
You may be able to find additional information under the reports tab. Under the "Administrative Reports" folder there is an "API Usage Last 7 Days" report. This report can tell you the user crdentials used and possibly what client they were using. If you have already referenced this report, track down the user and look for any desktop clients/applications that they may be using. Additionally, you will need to identify any integrations that have been set up, which user credentials were used for the integration, and will need to work with the external system to reduce the amount of API calls.