function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Seth RosenSeth Rosen 

Emailing and Scheduling a Report

I am attempting to schedule and email a report, and the user I want to email it to is not coming up in the "Select From" list in order for me to add them. How do I fix this in this persons profile so when I select "users" the name I want pops up. Attached is a screen shot of the directions. 

User-added image
User-added image
Seth RosenSeth Rosen
I would like to add that I am using Safari. I read on some of the forums that users were having issues doing this on Chrome, but I am not sure what the issue can be. 

PrakashbPrakashb
Hi Seth,

What is the profile or license used by the user you are trying to email the report??

Regards,
Prakash B
Seth RosenSeth Rosen
I'm not sure I understand your question. I'm new to Salesforce so bear with me. The name on the profile is Allison Wheeler but I'm not sure I know what you mean by what the license is. If you could tell me how to look this up and correct the error that would be great. I'd like to add that this persons profile does come up when I create a dashboard for her.
PrakashbPrakashb
Hi Seth,

Can you check whether the user you are trying to add has access to the report folder?

The following are the criterias to add the user for report schedule.

On the Schedule report page, you can choose to email the report to yourself or include others under the Email Report setting. Consider the following when adding users:

• You can email the report to users inside your organization. For more information, see “Editing Users” in the online help.

• Portal users receive emailed reports if the option “Allow Reports and Dashboards to Be Sent to Portal Users” is enabled. For more information, see “Customize Report and Dashboard Email Notifications” in the online help.

• You can only add those users who have access to the report folder.

Regards,
Prakash B
Seth RosenSeth Rosen
I still have not figured this out and do not know why? Perhaps it is because I am using a training version of SalesForce. I went to the SalesForce help section, and looked up Customize Report and Dashboard Email Notifications. The only thing that appears on this screen is 
the "Use Images Compatible with Lotus Notes in Dashboard Emails" check box. 

User-added image

As far as editing users, I went there as well for this specific user and this is what I saw. Where on this page would I go to select or deselct the appropriate setting so that this user can recieve the email report. 
User-added image

The other thing that was suggested to me is the folder security settings but I went there and have not been able to figure out how to look this up or change it, so I dont even know if this is the issue. I'm trying to give you as much information as possible so you can have the needed info to help me. Thanks for your time, and I look forward to hearing from you. 
Seth RosenSeth Rosen
I figured it out. I'm not sure why the other suggestions I was given did not work, but the video, which you can see from drop box shows how I fixed it. Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. https://www.dropbox.com/s/23pvwuqob9j3930/work%20around%20for%207-9.mp4?dl=0
Seth RosenSeth Rosen
Hello Everyone, I have included you all in this email because we all at some point or another have done business or worked together in some form. Below is a link to join a new social network which pays you for generating and posting content. Please take a look and see how you can all use this to help your respective business organizations. Join me on tsū, they are sharing social revenues with all of us #tsunation https://www.tsu.co/srosen101 Seth M. Rosen