function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
nksfnksf 

Business Date Formula Field

Hi Guys,
Can you please help me out with the formula field it is very urgent. I have this formula field below and I need to update this field to get calculated date based on business days. Suppose if Record CreatedDate is on Friday then Estimated Completion Date + 2 Shouldn't be Date of Sunday it should be the Date whichever will be on Tuesday. 

Formula Field Name: Estimated_Completion_Date__c 
Field Type:  Date 
CASE(RecordType.Name, "Credit Request", CreatedDate + 2, "Cancellation", CreatedDate + 2, "Invoice/Usage Report", CreatedDate + 2, "New Order Assistance/Special Terms", CreatedDate + 1, "Technical Issue", CreatedDate + 2, "Vendor Information", CreatedDate + 2, "Purchase Order Submission", CreatedDate + 2, "Change of Address/Invoice Recipient Request", CreatedDate + 2, "Organic Growth", CreatedDate + 2, "Account Number Issue", CreatedDate + 5, Null)

Thanks Guys 
PrakashbPrakashb
Hi 

You can use the below formula to add the relevant no of business days.

CASE( MOD( CreatedDate - DATE( 1900, 1, 7 ), 7 ), 3, date + 2 + 3, 4, date + 2 + 3, 5, date + 2 + 3, 6, date + 1 + 3, date + 3 )

This formula finds the day of the week of the date field value. If the date is a Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday, the formula adds five calendar days (two weekend days, three weekdays) to the date to account for the weekend. If date is a Saturday, you need four additional calendar days. For any other day of the week (Sunday — Tuesday), simply add three days. 

Regards,
Prakash B
nksfnksf
Hi Prakashb,
Somehow I was able to create formula field but I had to create 3 different formula fields to achieve this goal. Is there a way I can have 1 field instead of having 3 different formula fields. 
Suppose if Record Type is Cancellation then it should add 2 business days and if Record Type is New Order Assistance then it should add 1 business day and if Record Type is Account Number issue then it should add 5 business days. 
I am trying this with IF Condition in one formula field but I am getting error every time.