function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SF Buzz VutukuriSF Buzz Vutukuri 

apex trigger

// the below sample code showing me error
 if(Trigger.isBefore && Trigger.isUpdate )
    {
      for(Lead led:Trigger.new)
        {
           string compnayname='company';
  Lead oldled= Trigger.oldMap.get(led.ID);

if(oldled.compnayname!=led.compnayname)// ERROR : there is no such field company name :( (But there I am using the variable name instead of using field API directly, to acheive the requirement. Could plese tell me how to acheive this using the variable name)
 {

leadids.add(ld.id);    
        }

}
KaranrajKaranraj
No you can't use the lable name/variable name in the apex code, if you want to refer a field. You have to use the API name field to access the field programatically or by API. Normally API name of the custom field will use __c. 

If want to know the API name of the field, then go to that Object->Fields, it will disaply the API name of the field which you want to access
SF Buzz VutukuriSF Buzz Vutukuri

@karanraj - thanks for reply, But I need to use field API name dynamically and need to check old values and news values aren't same!!

Is there any way to use it dynamically >>>>>>>>>>>

Bhupendra chauhanBhupendra chauhan
You need use another for loop in side your for.....not best practice but if you need it you can go for it.
Map<String, Schema.SObjectField> fieldsMap = Schema.SObjectType.Lead.fields.getMap();
 for(String key : fieldsMap.keySet()){
    Schema.DescribeFieldResult result = fieldsMap.get(key).getDescribe();
    if(!result.isNillable() && result.isCreateable()) {
        System.debug(logginglevel.info, '+++++++++ result = '+result.getName());

}                   
}