function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
DaveGDaveG 

Still a Problem with Trailhead Challenge? UI Customization -> Customizing Navigation, Buttons, and Links

I think there is still a bug..  I setup the following

To pass this challenge, create a custom button which opens a link to 'http://google.com/#q={CONTACTNAME}' - where {CONTACTNAME} is the current contact's name. Then add this button to the default 'Contact Layout'.The custom button must be named 'Google Link'.
The custom button must be added to the 'Contact Layout' page layout.

Here's the error

Challenge not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
There was an unexpected error while verifying this challenge. Usually this is due to some pre-existing configuration or code in the challenge Org. We recommend using a new Developer Edition (DE) to check this challenge. If you're using a new DE and seeing this error, please post to the developer forums and reference error id: HCBTLFOA

Any suggestions?
Steven Hansen 8Steven Hansen 8
I've completed that challenge on March 18 in the afternoon, and it worked ... Did you try recreating the issue in a new Developer Instance?
DaveGDaveG
I have not tried it in a clean Develpoer Edition.  It's no big deal really, just wanted to see if it was an error for others as well.
Sandeep BhanotSandeep Bhanot
Dave - as Steven mentioned, trying the challenge in a fresh new DE Org should resolve this issue. We've also made a small update to the Trailhead app today that should show a better error message in cases like this. Thanks
Sandeep Bhanot
Salesforce.com