function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
DaveGDaveG 

Modifying Page Layouts - Trailhead issue

I just finished the Modifying Page Layouts module and when I tried to check the challenge, I received the error below.  Any suggestions?

Challenge not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
There was an unexpected error while verifying this challenge. Usually this is due to some pre-existing configuration or code in the challenge Org. We recommend using a new Developer Edition (DE) to check this challenge. If you're using a new DE and seeing this error, please post to the developer forums and reference error id: GYYHRFTM
Steven Hansen 8Steven Hansen 8
Did you try the challenge again in a clean Developer Edition?

I've been working on a number of topics and I've had 'issues' that were fixed by going to a clean instance.
DaveGDaveG
I have not tried it in a clean Develpoer Edition.  It's no big deal really, just wanted to see if it was an error for others as well.
Jeffrey Tanzman 9Jeffrey Tanzman 9
Hi.  I just completed the Modifying Page Layouts section, did the challenge and chose "Check Challenge" and I'm getting a "Looks like something went wrong, Please Try again later." message.  I'm sure my results are correct (I'm not a novice user and studying for the Beginner Admin certification.  I logged out, closed the browser and then chose Launch Developer Edition button at the top of the exercise.  Anyone else receiving this error?
Robert PeeblesRobert Peebles
I am having a similar problem.  The message I get is simply wrong.  "Challenge not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
The 'Phone Numbers' section was not found, or it was empty."  I am a certified developer and I know the page layouts are correct.  I tried modifying all the other contact layouts, checked the assignments, verified the sys admin profile has access to the fields, and can view the page layout with the section but still get this error.  I have triple checked the spelling and have tried making the section one colum.  
I skipped this challenge for now and am working with others fine but would like to know how I can get around this issue.
Thanks.
Robert PeeblesRobert Peebles
Created a new dev org and my problem went away.  I am guessing trailhead has issues with orgs that have too much configured.