function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Wim Velzeboer 6Wim Velzeboer 6 

Knowledge Data Category filter not working with limited read-rights to categories

Hi, 
I am setting up a Knowledge Base and I want to use a custom Search page build with Visual Force. I copied the exact code from: http://www.salesforce.com/docs/developer/knowledge_devpre/Content/knowledge_customize_searchpage_visualforce_04searchfilter.htm
Then I changed the line categoryCondition = 'Fashions:All,Stores:All,Products:All' ; into categoryCondition = 'Knowledge_Base:All'  in the file
VfSearchController.

I only have one Data Category Group named: Knowledge_Base
My Data Category Structure looks like this:
- Test1
- Test2
- - Test3 (= child of Test2)
- - Test4 (= child of Test2)

When I logon as Admin the filter displays the above list correctly (All, No Filter, Test1, etc...)
But when I create a user and give him only rights to access Test1 and Test3 I get the error message: "<knowledge:categoryList> unknown category: All

How do I have to modify my code to get a Category Filter list look like this:
- No Filter
- Test1
- Test3

When I login as that user and use the standard Knowledge Search, all works well and I get the above filter list.

Please help!
CdubCdub
Wim, did you ever find a solution. I'm facing the same error, but may have identified the source.
In the vf page, this line is looking for the 'All' category as the root.  Since we are no longer displaying from the root. What do we replace it with? Each sibling? If we can answer that question, we probably won't get the unknown category: All error.

<knowledge:categoryList categoryVar="category" categoryGroup="{!dataCategory.name}" rootCategory="All" level="-1">