function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jodi Nemser-AbrahamsJodi Nemser-Abrahams 

Process Builder limited owner field references for actions

I had a trigger flow that used the field Owner:User.Email as a variable.  When trying to set up the parallel in Process Builder, I found that I couldn't access any owner fields other than OwnerID for a flow variable.  When I tried using update records instead of flows, I couldn't access any owner fields.  

What this meant for me is that I was unable to replicate in Process Builder what I had set up as a flow trigger originally because of reduced functionality.  This is one example that I caught, but I'm sure there are others.

In workflows, it is quite easy to reference field from the record owner.  

Is this intentional?  If not, when can we anticipate a fix?  Thanks!

Workflow owner fields:
Owner fields in workflow

Process Builder owner fields:
Process Builder cannot reference owner fields.
SonamSonam (Salesforce Developers) 
When you try to update a record using Object> try to set the Object as Affinity_Group__c > Created By ID

I think you should then be able to select the user fields as shown in the pic below:

User-added imageHoping I've understood your question correctly and this info helps!

Richard Jimenez 9Richard Jimenez 9
Hi Jodi,

The fields on the owner record are not currently available. The Idea is under review by the saleforce product team see https://success.salesforce.com/ideaView?id=08730000000Dg6pAAC for latest details.

Thanks,
Richard.