function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Linda GatsonLinda Gatson 

Email templates not being recognized by Process Builder

Is there something special that I have to do to have ProcessBuilder findmy email templates?
SonamSonam (Salesforce Developers) 
Not really, can you confirm if the templates you are searching for are Active and available to be used for the object from where you are trying to send the email? Is it a VF template?
Linda Gatson 7Linda Gatson 7
Yes, the templates are active...not VF templates just regular email templates and I believe they are available to use from the object.  It is a proposal approved template for a custom object called Proposal.  It works in a workflow already but the process builder doesn't find ANY of my email templates, not just one.
SonamSonam (Salesforce Developers) 
Linda, when you try to create an Email alert via the Process Builder, you need to select an already existing email alert for the object where you are creating this Process..have you created tthe Email alert already by going to :
Setup > Build> Create> Workflow & Approvals> Email Alerts> Select template to be sent out.
Once you create a EA here, you wil then be able to use it in the Process builder.Is this how you are trying to setup the Email alert ?
srinu vassrinu vas
Hi Sonam,can we use vf template in process builder with merge fields,if we can which things we need to take care

Matthew A SmallMatthew A Small
Make sure you have selected the correct object when making the alert plus selected the right object when making the process. They must match!
John Hamiter 9John Hamiter 9
Any luck on solving this? I'm having the same issue. The email alert is set on the Opportunity object as is the workflow, however when I go to select the email alert, there are no options (no results). I've tried the email alert description, unique name, and even the name of the email template. I also created multiple dummy email alerts with differing info to ensure nothing else is messing things up. I have gotten one dummy ail alert to work, however even that one only works intermitently (sometimes it lets me add it, other times it doesn't). Something is amiss here.
Chris - ARIChris - ARI
Make sure you are using the Unique Name of the Email Alert, not the description. Ex: 
Description:     My Email Alert
Unique Name:  My_Email_Alert
Prince_sfdcPrince_sfdc
Hi Linda/John

The same thing happens with me also, I manage to resolve this.
1. As Sonam mentioned there should be existing email alert for that.
2. While creating the email alert, it asks for an object to select. Let's say you marked as 'Opportunity'
     Which will mean you want this email alert to be used on opportunity record change. Assume email alert unique name is 'Opty_Email_Alert'
3. Once you go the process builder, there also you need to select an object in the beginning. Let's say you selected 'Case'
    And search for email alert you created 'Opty_Email_Alert'  Then this won't come up, because Process builder sends an email for the same      object you added in the beginning of Process builder and here it is different i.e. Case
In this case email alert is on one object(Opportunity) and process builder is set up on different object(Case).

If they were same objects it will capture the email alert you created. Please see the sample of the email alert in an attached image.
Just a sample, might not be related to the resolution I suggested
Please comment if that helps.
Vikyath Ay 1Vikyath Ay 1
Good one !!