function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Scott Lukas 8Scott Lukas 8 

Account Record Types Added, but now page is blank when viewing existing Accounts

I'm a new admin, just learning and have a questions that should be easy to answer, but I'm stuck.

I created 3 Account Record types:  Client, Prospect and Consultant.  I also created separate page layouts for each Record Type and assigned them to the appropriate profiles (mine included). 

When I create a new Account, I get prompted to select the Record Type, as planned and based on that selection, the appropriate page layout is displayed.  However, once I save that record or try to open it again, I get a blank page.  What am I missing?  Thanks!
Mudasir WaniMudasir Wani
Hi Scott,

Create a record of that record type which belongs to your profile.
It will be better if you will include the screen shot of the same.

Joe StolzJoe Stolz
Hello Scott,

Edit the page layouts that you created and add the fields / related lists that you want to edit/view. When creating a new page layout, sometimes it helps to base your page layouts on existing page layouts so at least the standard fields are already on the page layout. You might already have this, but here is a help file on editing page layouts:
https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=accessing_layout_standard.htm&language=en_US
Hi everyone--thanks for the quick replies!  I was able to get this working by deleting my page layouts and record types, then starting from scratch.  Not sure what I missed, but it's now working as I hoped!  I did notice that one of the layouts was a 'feed-based' layout--would that have made any difference (my new record types are not)?
User-added image
User-added image

Joe StolzJoe Stolz
Yes. A feed-based layout would not show your fields if you were on the "Feed" tab which I believe is the default tab that you land on. If you had clicked to the "Details"  you should have seen the fields you had selected.

Here's some info on Feed-Based layouts:
https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=feed_based_layouts_overview.htm&language=en_US
Ah!  I'm learning;)  Thanks for your help!!