function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Joe StolzJoe Stolz 

Where can I find the Box Folder ID?

I have the V3 Box integration on my Org and it is a huge part of our daily workflow. We have field workers who create reports using GoCanvas which does have a Box integration but is limited in where I can drop the completed forms. What I am looking for is a way to find the Box Folder ID attached to an opportunity so I can drop the completed forms into the correct folder. Does anyone know if I can find this data someone in SFDC? The Box app did create a Custom Field called FolderID on the opportunity object, but there is no reportable information in this field that I can access. 

Does anyone have an ideas on this one or should I just go straight to Box and ask for an answer?
Best Answer chosen by Joe Stolz
Joe StolzJoe Stolz
Thanks for the response Kevin. I did contact Box after posting here and they were very helpful. When Box installs, one of the custom objects they install is called FRUP. Within that object are two fields, Object Name and Record ID. Object name tells you what object the Box folder is on and the Record ID give the ID of that record. Both fields are text fields, but using a Declarative Rollup Summary I was able to get the information I needed to the corresponding Opportunity records. 

All Answers

KevinPKevinP
I would ask BOX. 

I'm guessing the data is there, but not available to you with their package architecture. Perhaps they can tell you how to access it.
Joe StolzJoe Stolz
Thanks for the response Kevin. I did contact Box after posting here and they were very helpful. When Box installs, one of the custom objects they install is called FRUP. Within that object are two fields, Object Name and Record ID. Object name tells you what object the Box folder is on and the Record ID give the ID of that record. Both fields are text fields, but using a Declarative Rollup Summary I was able to get the information I needed to the corresponding Opportunity records. 
This was selected as the best answer
développeur Hesusdéveloppeur Hesus
Hi Joe,

Have you able you figure out FRUP Object and Box Folder Id? if so can you explain how to get this information?