function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
adrisseladrissel 

Community Builder Sucks?

I'm sorry, but I am having an amazingly difficult time doing what would seem to be an easy function in the Community Builder.  I am using the "Napili" template, which is supposed to support case filing.  However, when I am in the Builder, select the "Contact Support" page, click on the "Case Creation" element to the left, and enter "NewCase" into the "Signed-In User Case Action" box it gives me the following error:

User-added image

And here is a screenshot showing we have an action called "NewCase":

User-added image

Somebody please tell me that I am missing something super-simple here.

Thanks!

PS - Is it possible to customize which fields are included on the Case Creation page (i.e. can we use a form instead of a simple contact form)?
ShashankShashank (Salesforce Developers) 
Could you please let me know if you are still facing this issue? From what I see, NewCase is an "Action" and not a "button".
George WeilenmannGeorge Weilenmann

" It's like SFDC rolled this out without really testing it and there are no clear instructions I can find on how to use it. "

This is SFDC's current standard operating procedure. The do no UI/UX testing and they have a WE know what's best mentality. This leads to the generally poor Customer Experience that has been ongoing now for the last 2 years. 
Don't expect it to get better anytime soon.