function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Kate StarostinaKate Starostina 

Where is the code stored?

We are implementing a CPQ App which has a default quote template.  We can either  have the CPQ company customize it for us or hire a third party.  I am curious as to what the code looks like but don't know how to get to the place where it shows the code and from where the code can be changed to customize the template.  How do I get there?
PratikPratik (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Kate,

I suppose if you are implemting app and it's managed package then you will not able to change the code. If it's unmanaged package then you can change the code. Please go through the app manual or app guide as to get the detaills. If you want to view the email templates then you can go to setup->communication templates->email templates.

Thanks,
Pratik
Kate StarostinaKate Starostina
Thanks Pratik.  The company said that we can hire a third party to do the custom template which would involve changing the code.  How would the third party do it then?  Will the CPQ company have to grant them access?  I do think it is a managed package since we are paying for licenses monthly and getting updates etc.
PratikPratik (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Kate,

If third party can change the code or templates that means you can also do it with certain access and permissions. I will suggest you to get details from the app company as to how to customize it and then you can get started.

Hope this will help you!

Thanks,
Pratik