function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Trevor HeywoodTrevor Heywood 

One profile cannot see custom related list

I have a child object for which a profile cannot see the related list on the parent object layout. I can see the related list when signed in as System Administrator. I have checked:
  • The profile has read access rights to the child and parent objects and to all fields on those objects
  • The parent object layout assigned to the profile is correct (there is only one) and has the related list on it
Can't figure out what's missing. One other thing to say is there is no tab for this child object, by design.
Can anyone help please?
Thanks
Trevor
Best Answer chosen by Trevor Heywood
Found the problem. The child object was set as "In development" instead of "Deployed". Thanks

All Answers

BDatlaBDatla
Hi Trevor,

Please check the recordtype permission ?

Regards,
BDatla
There is only the Master record type, and this is already assigned. Is that what you mean?
BDatlaBDatla
Do you have any record  on child object for the particular profile user?If you are having role hierarchy bcoz of that records are not getting displayed ?
Please try to access child object record directly so that you can know whether the profile user having any permission issues.

Regards,
BDatla
BDatlaBDatla
Please check OWD settings for the childrecord object too.

Regards,
BDatla
OWD?
BDatlaBDatla
organisation wide defaults
BDatlaBDatla
If it is private change it to Public Read Only.
Found the problem. The child object was set as "In development" instead of "Deployed". Thanks
This was selected as the best answer