function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Peter IkladiousPeter Ikladious 

When running a flow as a site guest user, I get a "no such column" error on record lookup

Hi,

I have a Flow created which, after the end user typing a name, performs a record lookup on the Account object, querying on the Account Name.

When I run this as an authenticated user, it works fine.  However as a site guest user, it fails with:
; nested exception is:
        common.exception.ApiQueryException:
SELECT Account.Id, Account.Name, Account.Second_parent_guardian__c
                                 ^
ERROR at Row:1:Column:34
No such column 'Second_parent_guardian__c' on entity 'Account'. If you are attempting to use a custom field, be sure to append the '__c' after the custom field name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.

caused by element : FlowRecordLookup.Lookup_account

caused by: ; nested exception is:
        common.exception.ApiQueryException:
SELECT Account.Id, Account.Name, Account.Second_parent_guardian__c
                                 ^
ERROR at Row:1:Column:34
No such column 'Second_parent_guardian__c' on entity 'Account'. If you are attempting to use a custom field, be sure to append the '__c' after the custom field name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.

It shows that one of the attributes "Second_parent_guardian__c" can't be found -- this is a custom field.

I have checked permissions in the Develop --> Sites --> Site Name --> Public Access Settings --> Object Settings --> Accounts --> Field Permissions.  This profile has full read and edit permissions on the field and read permissions on the object.

Also, from the WSDL, it appears to exist:
<complexType name="Account">
	<complexContent>
		<extension base="ens:sObject">
			<sequence>
				<element name="Second_parent_guardian__c" nillable="true" minOccurs="0" type="tns:ID"/><element name="Second_parent_guardian__r" nillable="true" minOccurs="0" type="ens:Contact"/>
Can anyone please help?  I can't for the life of me work out why this stopped working.  This used to work, but I believe it may have stopped working after the most recent upgrade.

Thanks,
Peter

Karen Ishimaru 4Karen Ishimaru 4
Did you ever resolve this?  I have the exact same thing happening to me: In a flow, I'm querying for a custom (lookup) field on CampaignMember.  When I run the flow logged in as Guest Site User, I get the same error you reported.  I've made sure that the field is readable/writable in Public Access Settings for that Guest Site.  I've tried changing the ordering of the field and even experimenting with a new custom field, but with the same results...