function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Eldudi40Eldudi40 

Mass change objects settings on a profile?

Is it possible to mass change the objects settings for a profile instead of doing it one by one in Profile Overview / Object Settings?
Himanshu ParasharHimanshu Parashar
Hi Guillaume,

Yes you can. Follow below steps to do that.

1.Enable Enhanced profile list views from Setup->User Interface settings

User-added image

2. Create New profile view as shown below screenshot.

User-added image

3.  Last step

User-added image

Hope it will help you.

Thanks,
Himanshu
Salesforce Certified Developer | Administrator | Service Cloud Consultant

P.S. If my answer helps you to solve your problem please mark it as best answer. It will help other to find best answer.
Eldudi40Eldudi40
Hi,

Thanks for your answer. But let's say I want to take a specific profile (so I clone an existing one) and start with all the permissions objects cleared. How I can I do that instead of manually do it one object after the other?
Himanshu ParasharHimanshu Parashar
Hi Guillaumne,

As far as I know there is no other way to do that, you can get all those objects in this list view and select one at a time.
Bryan LillehaugenBryan Lillehaugen
If you want to change the permission levels for many objects for one profile without going into each object, then go into Settings/User Interface/ and turn off the Enable Enhanced Profile User Interface.  this will allow you to set all permissions for the profile on one screen.
Aliasger AbbasiAliasger Abbasi
Thanks Bryan! What a simple solution...
Joanna HukJoanna Huk
Hi. Even with Enhanced Profile User Interface enabled i cannot change multiple object permissions at once on User profile. Could you give us some screen shots?

Adi RavivAdi Raviv
Thanks for the excelent tip! it worked !!! Go to Administer->profiles and then choose your profile. Then scroll down to 'Standard Object Permissions' and then to the custom object and with just a simple click change the permissionsUser-added image
Veronika PeychevaVeronika Peycheva

Many thanks Bryan! That really helped! 

Just an update on where the setting can be found now: Setup User Management Settings > Enhanced Profile User Interface

cmendlercmendler
Yeah, the Enhanced Profile User Interface is actually a step backward for configuring profiles easily.   It actually slows down profile configuration in my experience.  Leave it off