function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SFDC_BigDogSFDC_BigDog 

Phone Integration

Does anyone has idea about phone system integration with Salesforce? 
Please give me some insights into this.

Thank you.
Best Answer chosen by SFDC_BigDog
Varun PareekVarun Pareek
You do it using CTI i.e Computer telephony integration. There are different vendors/providers that uses the telephony system. To integrate it with salesforce, you would need to install the adpater which the vendor can provide. You may want to take a stab at by looking at openCTI, Twilio, voIP etc. they provide free trials. For more details, please go through Salesforce.com documentation for CTI. There are a lot of resources avaialble :-) 

All Answers

Varun PareekVarun Pareek
You do it using CTI i.e Computer telephony integration. There are different vendors/providers that uses the telephony system. To integrate it with salesforce, you would need to install the adpater which the vendor can provide. You may want to take a stab at by looking at openCTI, Twilio, voIP etc. they provide free trials. For more details, please go through Salesforce.com documentation for CTI. There are a lot of resources avaialble :-) 
This was selected as the best answer
Chris WoodwardChris Woodward
Hi BigDog, I bet the OpenCTI doc helped shed some light on phone system integration but you can unlock more features with using Tenfold. We're an official CTI partner of Salesforce and can integrate the most number of phone systems in the market. To take advantage of a free demo, visit Salesforce's Appexchange here: https://appexchange.salesforce.com/appxListingDetail?listingId=a0N3000000CWH1xEAH
Rahul Mishra 155Rahul Mishra 155

Hello,
Phone integrations means you will connect a telephony system with a CRM/ITSM app. Third-party integration solution does this job in 2 ways:

1 - Unifying both solutions in one single screen. This is basically integrated along with other applications to empower agents with a unified agent desktop.

2 - Connecting the telephony with the desired CRM such as Salesforce using a CTI connector, which embeds telephony’s call controls inside the CTI

The second option is comparatively simple, cost-effective, and  faster to deploy. Check this link to learn more about CTI Connectors: https://www.novelvox.com/cti-connector/