function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
naveen kunurunaveen kunuru 

admin task

two user with same profile ,1 user can see only record owned by him and 2 user he is able to see all the records owned by him and 1 user (read only both  the records)....how this gone be achieved

1.without changing profile 
2.with changing profile
sandeep sankhlasandeep sankhla
Hi naveen,

You can set OWD as private then using sharing rule you can achieve the above scenario..

Thanks,
Sandeep

goabhigogoabhigo
If the user can see ALL records by ALL users, then you can give him "View All" permission to necessary objects in a Permission Set, and assign to the user. Here you wont be changing the profile, since it is assigned to both.

Now, as Sandeep suggested, keep the OWD as Private. Add a Sharing Rule (owner based), which shares (read-only) the records owned by User1 with user2.

Does this help? Let me know.

--
Abhi
If my answer helps to solve the issue/problem/doubt, please mark it as Best Answer; so that people who are stuck in the similar issue get benefitted.
Vamsi:)Vamsi:)
Sandeep and Abhi, I agree with your answers as those two are the answers I got in my mind.

My dount is, we can do this through role hierarchy also right. That may not be the recommended approach, but there is an option. Am I right..??
sandeep sankhlasandeep sankhla
Hi Vamsi,

Please refer below link for more details..

https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=security_controlling_access_using_hierarchies.htm&language=en_US

Thanks,
Sandeep
goabhigogoabhigo
Yes Vamsi, you can do this with Role hierarchy also. User1 should be below User2 in hierarchy. Also "Grant Access Using Hierarchies" should be checked if this should happen.

--
Abhi
goabhigogoabhigo
Do you need further help on this?

--
Abhi