function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
PrabhataPrabhata 

Custom Domain Setup

Hi Experts,

Hope you all doing well !!!

I want to have our own custom domain which is customDomain.com
For example: Suppose we want to open a site page ‘testPage’ then currently the whole link opens in browser looks like https://salessand-xyz.cs16.force.com/testPage
But we want our custom domain replaces salessand-xyz.cs16.force.com
So the final link we want to have in the address bar of a browser should be http://customDomain.com/testpage not the old link as mentioned above

Can this be achieved, if yes please share the steps.

Thanks,
Prabhata

RishavRishav
Hii prabhata,
I have not done practically but i have read somewhere about this. 

This is achievable , in salesforce u  can define your custom domain. 
If u want to keep the force.com at the end then u can simply do with "MY domain" setting in setup.
If u want a complete different then to achieve this u need to do these things :
1. purchase one domain name 
 2. do your changes in CNAME record in the domain name that u will purchase .

Thanks
Rishav

PrabhataPrabhata
Hi Rishav,

For communities, it ispossible. But for Force.com site, I have tried your suggested way before posting my question but could not do it. Could you please elaborate the steps for doing it.

Thanks,
Prabhata. 
KaranrajKaranraj
Prabhata -

To use a custom Web address for your public site:

Register your Force.com domain.

1. Click Setup | Develop | Sites.
2. Enter a unique name for your Force.com domain. This name can contain only underscores and alphanumeric characters, and must be unique in your organization. It must begin with a letter, not include spaces, not end with an underscore, and not contain two consecutive underscores. Salesforce.com recommends using your company's name or a variation, such as mycompany.

You cannot modify your Force.com domain name after you have registered it.
Free Edition domain names are assigned automatically and can't be updated. Create a custom Web address if you want to use a custom domain name.

4. Click Check Availability to confirm that the domain name you entered is unique. If it is not unique, you are prompted to change it.
Read and accept the Sites Terms of Use by selecting the checkbox.

5. Click Register My Force.com Domain. After you accept the Terms of Use and register your Force.com domain, the changes related to site creation are tracked in your organization's Setup Audit Trail and the Site History related list. It may take up to 48 hours for your registration to take effect.This domain is used for all of your sites, even if you use a branded domain.

6. Register your branded Web address with a domain name registrar, such as GoDaddy.com. For this example, let's say you registered www.acme.com. Once you register the domain, you can also register subdomain names, such as support.acme.com, partners.acme.com, developers.acme.com.
7. Create CNAME records with your registrar to point your top-level domain and your subdomains to your Force.com domain. In this example, create CNAME records to point from:
 - acme.com to acme.force.com
 - support.acme.com to acme.force.com
 - partners.acme.com to acme.force.com
 - acmeideas.com to acme.force.com

If you choose to create a branded top-level domain or subdomain through a domain name registrar, the CNAME record that you provide to that registrar must be your Force.com domain name and not the site URL. For example, if you entered mycompany when registering your Force.com domain, the CNAME must be mycompany.force.com, not the full value of the site URL.

Create your site and associate your branded domain or subdomain:

a. Click Setup | Develop | Sites.
b. Click New.
c. On the Site Edit page, define the site and enter your branded domain or subdomain in the Custom Web Address field. This field determines which branded domain or subdomain is associated with each site.
d. Click Save.

Check this link for more details - http://developer.force.com/cookbook/recipe/registering-a-custom-domain-for-your-force-com-site

Note: This is supported only for the production org. You can't do it in developer edition or sandbox instances.
RishavRishav
i think Karan has elaborated it very well .