function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sumedha govindaraya 9sumedha govindaraya 9 

How to have a real time Integration?

I want to do a real time integration with an external system. The data will be sent to salesforce every second, using which a real time dashboard has to be displayed and also there should be message back to the external system, incase if the recieved data value is below a threshold limit. What could be the best possible way to achieve it?
NagaNaga (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Sumedha,

You can try the new "Salesforce Lightning Connect".

Salesforce.com has officially released Salesforce1 Lightning Connect, which brings data in real time from back-office systems into applications built on the Salesforce1 Platform. The technology, which uses the OData open data access protocol, was demonstrated at last month’s Dreamforce conference, and has been in pilot for some time under its earlier name of External Data Objects.

Connect is designed to provide the real-time access to information that people increasingly expect in today’s digital world, but which has posed a huge challenge using traditional methods of integration between different applications and data stores. As Adrian Kunzle, product management lead for platform services told me in a pre-briefing:

Please follow the below link for more information

http://diginomica.com/2014/11/13/salesforce-adds-native-real-time-integration-lightning-connect/

Best Regards
Naga kiran
David Al-KhazrajiDavid Al-Khazraji
Also the SOAPBox from the Social Foundry can do this as well. I think LIghtening only supports reads at present. SOAPBox does reads and writes as well.